- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 16 years of experience working with hardware verification languages (System Verilog/Specman), design verification methodologies, and chip design flow.
- Experience creating detailed chip or subsystem design verification strategies and plans.
- Experience leading design verification teams through the full cycle from concept to delivery.
- Experience verifying digital systems using standard IP components/interconnects (e.g., microprocessor cores, hierarchical memory subsystems).
- Experience with verification techniques and the full verification life cycle.
- Experience with performance verification of ASICs and ASIC components.
- Experience with ASIC standard interfaces and memory system architecture.
- Experience with multiple SOC projects/cycles in 3 or more products.
Our computational challenges are so big, complex and unique we can't just purchase off-the-shelf hardware, we've got to make it ourselves. Your team designs and builds the hardware, software and networking technologies that power all of Google's services. As a Hardware Engineer, you design and build the systems that are the heart of the world's largest and most powerful computing infrastructure. You develop from the lowest levels of circuit design to large system design and see those systems all the way through to high volume manufacturing. Your work has the potential to shape the machinery that goes into our cutting-edge data centers affecting millions of Google users.
As a SoC Design Verification Engineer, you will work as part of a Research and Development team, lead, and drive complex technical projects from the concept/planning stage through execution and closure. As part of our Server Chip Design team, you will use your design and verification expertise to verify complex digital designs, collaborate closely with design and verification engineers in active projects, and perform verification. In this role, you will be responsible for the full lifecycle of verification which can range from verification planning, test execution, or collecting and closing coverage.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Plan the verification of digital design blocks by fully understanding the design specification and interacting with design engineers to identify important verification scenarios.
- Lead a team of chip engineers, plan tasks, allocate people, and hold verification design/code reviews.
- Perform code development for critical verification features and capabilities.
- Work closely with system, software, design, and physical implementation stakeholders to make technical decisions and represent project status throughout the development process.
- Lead design verification efforts and work with external and internal partners.