Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem-solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
Our Operations Managers lead a team responsible for project management, system installation, and commissioning activities. As an Operations Manager, you will manage the revenue and gross margin to targets by controlling job costs and executing projects on time.
- Supervise, train, and mentor the team through goal setting, performance monitoring, employee review meetings, and scheduling of formal training
- Manage revenue, gross margin, and absorption to achieve monthly and annual business plan projections and forecasts
- Direct and supervise the development of project plans in order to monitor and control the progress in the execution of work
- Ensure schedules are maintained and projects proceed in accordance with the contract documents and customer expectations
- Plan and justify manpower, staffing requirements, tools, and other appropriate investments for effective and timely execution of work
- Maintain relationships between Operations and Sales teams so project details, changes, and plan discrepancies can be managed to minimize cost and delays throughout the estimating, bidding and operations phases of each project
- Support project productivity and profitability through cost-containment procedures and processes
- High school diploma or state-recognized GED; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience supervising teams; 2+ years preferred
- Experience with project management preferred
- Solid understanding of job financial reporting with ability to apply cost control measures for projects
- Familiarity or experience with HVAC systems and/or building automation systems
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Must be 21 years of age and possess a valid driver's license with limited violations
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization
- Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Keywords: Hvac controls, building controls, building automation, programming, field technician, heating, ventilation, air conditioning, direct digital control, apogee, desigo, modbus, tridium, alerton, controls, commissioning, lonworks, bacnet, ddc, bau, bms, building management, mechanical systems, system integration
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.