Siemens Large Drives LLC is looking for a Quality Manager to join our new motors and large drives company Innomotics, at the New Kensington, PA location. The Quality Manager implements overarching Quality mission and strategy, and ensures implementation of an open quality culture, for all assigned quality areas and acts as quality consultant for own organization. The Quality Manager is responsible for leading and implementing all aspects of product, product safety, process, supplier, manufacturing, and post market quality. In this role you will also lead all aspects of the local quality management systems. The position requires continual improvement of quality methods and processes regarding resolution of highly sophisticated problems in collaboration with local and global Product Management, Customer Service, R&D, Product Engineering, Operations and other key collaborators. The role will report directly to the site Head of Operations for business topics and to the Head of global Quality Management & Product Safety for governance topics.Launch of our new company Innomotics:
We are on the exciting journey of forming a new leading motors and large drives company – Innomotics. Under this name, Siemens is combining its business activities in the areas of low- to high-voltage motors, geared motors, medium-voltage converters and motor spindles. Headquartered in Nuremberg, Germany, our company will employ ~ 14,000 employees worldwide and operate in almost 50 countries. Motors and electric drive systems are our new company’s business and passion: We count on 150 years of experience in motor manufacturing and our portfolio includes an innovative solutions and digitalization portfolio as well as a broad range of service offerings. Innomotics embodies our vision, values and commitment to innovation and excellence in everything we do: reliable motion in a digital world.Responsibilities:
- Ensures and improves a business- and employee-centered management system including documentation, regulations, methods and IT-tools, i.e., with high usability, lean (e.g. value stream mapping), following a risk-based approach.
- Drives the development of digital solutions related to quality to continuously improve process effectiveness and efficiency along the customer journey.
- Drives the audit program increasing visibility, effectiveness and efficiency of Quality Management & Product Safety QM&PS audits (including certification audits where applicable) to create a business impact.
- Implements the global quality programs with his partner production sites and supervises the effectiveness of these programs.
- Drives continuous improvement with his management and lessons learned across assigned plants and in the global network of other locations.
- Ensures that product safety activities are in line with internal and external regulations.
- Creates real-time transparency for ad-hoc and routine analysis, instant decision making, preventive action and continuous improvement.
- Analyzes trends, deviations, root causes and implements an early warning system using data analytics methods for prevention.
- Drives quality improvement methods and improve process performance management (e.g., 8D, RCA, FMEA).
- Ensures that managers and employees have a quality-oriented mindset by promoting role models and sharing best practices.
- Ensures the clarification of customer complaints regarding manufacturing and/or supplier issues.
- Ensures professional non-conformance (NC) management and reporting.
- Plans and proposes quality budget, and decides allocation of related financial and personnel resources, within given limits.
- Executes the competence management and training system for quality related competences.
- Manages organization unit(s) assigned and leads and/or coordinates dedicated supervisors and professionals.
- Collaborates with the global QM&PS-network and business accountable units (e.g., R&D, Purchase, SPS etc.) to achieve quality business goals.
- Participates in new product development projects releases (e.g., in connection with Q-Gates).
- Initiates improvement projects using agile and lean methods.
- Supports the agile/lean transition of the whole organization and coaches team members and managers with respect to agile/lean thinking.
- Plans and conducts audits and assessments, including preparation, definition and follow up of measures.
- Implements quality strategies / improvements within own function.
- Prepares and conducts management reviews.
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent in mechanical or electrical engineering
- Professional experience (>5 years) in quality management
- Experience (>7 years) in different areas of production and development
- Experience in leading teams
- Proficient with MS Office Suite.
- Competitive compensation (salary and bonus) based on qualifications
- Medical, dental, prescription and vision coverage, first day of employment
- Matching 401(k) (immediate employer match)
- Competitive paid time off plan, paid holidays, and floating holidays
- Global Career development opportunities
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Paid parental leave
Do you want to shape the future of Innomotics with us?
We are looking for a self-starter with a digital, innovative and growth mindset who is ready to actively drive and shape our future company’s culture. We offer an environment full of opportunities to take on responsibility and to develop both personally and professionally. We value the diversity of our people because we know that innovation thrives when it is fueled by a variety of perspectives, skills, backgrounds and experiences. For us, nobody is perfect, but a team can be. #TeamInnomotics
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Large Drives LLC
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.