Join our 3D development group in creating the world’s best geospatial mapping and data analysis platform. Utilize your passion for developing reliable and performant code to handle creating and serving complex 3D data.
As a platform that serves millions of users and domains, our software needs to be modular, reusable, and well crafted. We iterate rapidly, constantly learning from feedback, metrics, and the mission and goals of our broad user community.
Learn more about what the team is working on: https://www.esri.com/en-us/arcgis/3d-gis/overview
- Research, analyze, and implement state-of-the-art 3D data pre-processing/visualization algorithms to handle large volumes of input data
- Solve complex problems with distributed systems and data management
- Propose and implement improvements in backend system architecture
- 5+ years of experience as C++ software developer working on large software projects
- Track record of designing complex algorithms in the field of computational geometry, 3D graphics or data processing
- Familiarity with 3D real-time rendering techniques and concepts
- Experience with private/public cloud infrastructures
- Ability to clearly describe and analyze a problem and to articulate a solution
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s in computer science, computer engineering, or a related field
- In-depth knowledge of space partitioning techniques and data structures
- Experience with data visualization, mapping, and GIS
- Experience contributing to distributed systems running on cloud infrastructure (AWS, AZURE, GCP)
- Experience in Java
- Experience with REST service designs
- Master’s in computer science, computer engineering, or a related field
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Esri’s competitive total rewards strategy includes industry-leading health and welfare benefits: medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance for employees (and their families), 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, minimum accrual of 80 hours of vacation leave, twelve paid holidays throughout the calendar year, and opportunities for personal and professional growth. Base salary is one component of our total rewards strategy. Compensation decisions and the base range for this role take into account many factors including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs.
A reasonable estimate of the base salary range is $114,400.00 - $187,200.00.
Sign up to connect with companies that trust you to work wherever you work best.Register Now, be first in line
Sign up for our weekly remote work round-up newsletter and have new openings from companies that care delivered right to your inbox.