Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2021
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, advise their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
This position requires experience soliciting quotes, negotiating cost reduction price agreements and contracts, sourcing suppliers, addressing supply chain issues and request for information for various project spends relating to electric distribution systems, including both large solutions projects and quick turn service projects.
Project Procurement Specialist I
This position is responsible for supporting, soliciting pricing from construction trade electrical subcontractors and materials for Energy and Performance Services (EPS)/Energy Efficiency (ESCO) projects across the Southeast. Remote support of other areas will typically be via phone or electronic communications. Pricing requests will be made electronically through the Siemens electronic sourcing tools. The applicant will be responsible for creating the electronic solicitations, monitoring solicitations for quality, bidders responses, and bid compliance to requirements. The Project Procurement Specialist will work to ensure responsiveness to pricing requests by regularly contact with bidders before, during and after the solicitation to answer questions about how to respond through the electronic sourcing tool and encourage their participation. They will be responsible to create a summary of results to send to the sales or operations personnel managing the project. This person will make or recommend improvements to the process to ensure consistency, efficiency, and data analytics accuracy.
Interactions will be mainly with the Field Procurement Manager, various Sales and Operations personnel, and subcontractors.
This position will report functionally to the Field Procurement Manager and disciplinarily to the National Procurement Manager.
Approximately 80/20 split in focus between tactical and strategic procurement.
Working alongside the appropriate branch personnel (Procurement, Sales, Operations):
- Identify potential sourcing opportunities that would fit the use of the Siemens Exchange e-Sourcing tool through day-to-day contact with sales and operations personnel.
- Recommend in collaboration with the Field Procurement Managers: the type of event to be posted, including start/end date, bid increments, reserve price, etc. where appropriate.
- Identify bidders to be invited through recommendations from stakeholders, preferred supplier lists or Field Procurement Managers, and where necessary, set-up the supplier in the tool and train as appropriate
- Monitor the event to ensure participation from bidders and to address any technical issues that arise (address with appropriate IT personnel).
- Liaise with appropriate branch personnel to answer bidder questions.
- Summarize closed event for branch personnel.
- Continued promotion of the eSourcing tool and process.
- Analysis of bids for cost negotiation opportunities
- Other responsibilities as assigned (including but not limited to: contract execution and renewals, supplier on-boarding, supplier performance/score tracking, etc).
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- High School graduate, some college preferred.
- 1-3 years purchasing experience.
- 1-3 Years Customer Service experience, within a corporate environment.
- Ability to work both within a team atmosphere, and be able to work individually, in a fast-paced environment.
- Basic computer skills, including Word, Excel.
- Ability to communicate tactfully and diplomatically in both oral and written formats.
- Dynamic, energetic personality that is self-motivated to succeed.
- Ability to take direction, both from manager and team-members.
- Ability to work with other departments to resolve all issues.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- College Degree in Business or related field, from an accredited school.
- CPM Certification.
- Familiarity with internet based applications for purchasing or auctioning items (such as eBay)
- Familiarity with project business
- Familiarity with construction business
- Familiarity with working with electrical installation subcontractors
- Driven, aggressive, passionate self-starter
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization
- Competitive salary + commission based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.