* $40,000 Sign On Bonus OR $80,000 Student Loan Repayment Bonus for individuals who have not previously participated in this program. *
Landmark Health, part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, was created to transform how healthcare is delivered to the most medically vulnerable members in our community. Our medical group provides home-based medical care to chronically ill patients, many of whom are ill-equipped to navigate our overwhelming healthcare system.
Whether you’re joining us in a clinical or non-clinical role, your contributions will help patients write their next chapters with joy and dignity. Help us build a new kind of health care that operates by establishing trust as the centerpiece of medical care. We will provide you with career growth opportunities, comprehensive benefits, brilliant coworkers and more to help you redefine what loving care looks like. Join a team of people with a heart for service and start doing your life's best work(sm)
Physician Leaders provide medical care and management to patients served by Home-based Medical Care (HbMC). Dedicated to improving the health and well-being of patients, this position collaborates with existing PCPs, the HbMC interdisciplinary team, and other health professionals, to develop and realize patients’ goals of care in all phases of longitudinal care.
This is an outstanding opportunity with a Fortune 5 Company to be at the forefront of our continued growth in this specialty area. Join us today!
- Functions as the day-to-day clinical leader of the interdisciplinary team, providing decision support to team patients providing care in the home to HbMC patients
- Assess patients’ needs in their place of residence
- Develop care plans as per HbMC’s Medical Records Policies
- Provide same-day clinical assessment and treatment (urgent visits)
- Participate in clinical management meetings
- Provide medical care to a longitudinal panel of patients
- Develop strong patient-doctor and caretaker/family-doctor relationships to improve patient compliance with care plan
- Work with the patients of the interdisciplinary team to ensure care plan is meeting the clinical and psycho-social needs of the patient
- Maintain high levels of patient and family satisfaction
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Competitive base pay and bonus rewards incentives
- Generous PTO package and eight holidays per year
- Matching 401k
- UnitedHealth Group offers medical, dental and vision health plans
- Life Insurance and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Coverage
- Spouse or Domestic Partner Life Insurance and AD&D
- Short and Long Term Disability Coverage
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Employee Discounts
- Paid Parental Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- And more...
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Medical Doctorate or Doctorate of Osteopathy
- Current, valid, non-sanctioned, non-restricted license to practice medicine in the state
- Board certified or ability to become board certified in Internal Medicine, Geriatrics, or Palliative Medicine sub-specialty, Family Practice, or Emergency Medicine in accordance with board and state requirements
- Current DEA or ability to obtain in accordance with board and state requirements license
- 2+ years of clinical experience, home based care desired
- Access to reliable transportation; if you are driving a vehicle, you must comply with all the terms of the Optum Motor Vehicle Safety policy
- Home-based clinical care experience
- Awareness about UM standards, NCQA requirements, CMS guidelines, Milliman guidelines, and Medicaid/Medicare contracts and benefit systems
- Knowledge of clinical standards of care
- Familiarity with Medicare Guidelines, CPT and ICD-10 codes
Careers at OptumCare. We're on a mission to change the face of health care. As the largest health and wellness business in the US, we help 58 million people navigate the health care system, finance their health care needs and achieve their health and well-being goals. Fortunately, we have a team of the best and brightest minds on the planet to make it happen. Together we're creating the most innovative ideas and comprehensive strategies to help heal the health care system and create a brighter future for us all. Join us and learn why there is no better place to do your life's best work.(sm)
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
**PLEASE NOTE** Employees must be in an active regular status. Employees must remain in role for a minimum of 12 months from the date of hire/rehire/transfer. If an employee leaves Home and Community, the student loan repayments will cease. The employee must remain in an Advanced Practice Clinician or Physician role within Home and Community for 36 months to receive the full benefit of the student loan repayments.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.