Working at Atlassian
Atlassians can choose where they work – whether in an office, from home, or a combination of the two. That way, Atlassians have more control over supporting their family, personal goals, and other priorities. We can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Your future team
Our Enterprise Trust team has a mission to support large enterprises to trust Atlassian because of the common foundation services that make it easy and affordable for Atlassian teams to use the capabilities to satisfy the enterprise customer's compliance requirements to support our Enterprise Trust vision.
We're hiring a Senior Principal Software Engineer that will report to the Senior Engineering Manager that sits inside the Enterprise Trust organization.
This position will work across the ~20 member development team building and unblocking enterprise customers by providing common services that are geared towards migrations, email, mobile messaging and compliance needs.
To help our teams work together effectively, you have the flexibility to be fully remote, but this role and team require you to be in USA in the mountain or pacific timezones.What you'll do
- Form long-term plans and architectural north stars, and lead the technical roadmap to align with the goal.
- Ensure that excellent operational and engineering health is maintained across our systems.
- Introduce and improve adoption of new technologies and best practices from across the industry.
- Deep-dive and work with dev teams when needed to resolve important challenges.
- Work with architects across Atlassian to align technical strategies and understand the needs of our platform consumers.
- Partner with leadership, stakeholders, cross-functional teams
- Broad experience architecting, designing, and building large-scale distributed systems.
- Experience with SaaS, PaaS, IaaS with hands-on experience of one or more public cloud offerings (AWS)
- At least 4 years of experience creating and implementing high-volume, low latency distributed systems
- 10+ years of experience building software, with 4+ years in an architect role working across teams
- You see the interactions between technical decisions, people and process on a long timescale. Past management experience would help you with this but isn't essential. You can apply platform thinking to focus on efficient usability by our internal customers, and how we can support many more consumers, and how we work with people at different levels of knowledge and skill.
- Experience in enterprise security and identity management
At Atlassian, we strive to design equitable and explainable compensation programs. To support this goal, the baseline of our range is higher than that of the typical market range, but in turn we expect to hire most candidates near this baseline. Base pay within the range is ultimately determined by a candidate's skills, expertise, or experience.
In the United States, we have three geographic pay zones. For this role, our current base pay ranges for new hires in each zone are:
Zone A: $239,000 - $318,600
Zone B: $215,100 - $286,800
Zone C: $198,400 - $264,500
This role may also be eligible for benefits, bonuses, commissions, and equity.
Please visit go.atlassian.com/payzones for more information on which locations are included in each of our geographic pay zones. However, please confirm the zone for your specific location with your recruiter.
Our perks & benefits
Atlassian offers a variety of perks and benefits to support you, your family and to help you engage with your local community. Our offerings include health coverage, paid volunteer days, wellness resources, and so much more. Visit go.atlassian.com/perksandbenefits to learn more.
At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team. Our software products help teams all over the planet and our solutions are designed for all types of work. Team collaboration through our tools makes what may be impossible alone, possible together.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To provide you the best experience, we can support with accommodations or adjustments at any stage of the recruitment process. Simply inform our Recruitment team during your conversation with them.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, visit go.atlassian.com/crh.
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on PowerToFly. Let us know if this job is closed.
We're connecting diverse talent to big career moves. Meeting people who boost your career is hard - yet networking is key to growth and economic empowerment. We’re here to support you - within your current workplace or somewhere new. Upskill, join daily virtual events, apply to roles (it’s free!).
Are you hiring? Join our platform for diversifiying your team