Pioneering in America, from the first mile to the last. This is what drives us.
For 175 years, Siemens has been an integral provider of infrastructure, electrification, and transportation solutions in the United States. Open new lines and increase capacity, cut costs, and link networks: high-performance, innovative Rail Electrification meets all the expectations of Rail Infrastructure operators today. It’s a central component of the end-to-end networked digital infrastructure of tomorrow. We offer products and services extending along the entire Rail Electrification value chain to improve the quality of everyday life for millions worldwide.Position Overview:
Our Rail Electrification team seeks to hire a dedicated Testing/Commissioning Engineer to provide the highest quality and level of customer service, both internally and externally. Achievement of delivery timescales and budgeted costs is a critical success factor when supporting nationwide testing/commissioning activities. You will be responsible for installing, testing, maintaining, repairing, and modifying Traction Power equipment and systems. We operate daily with a growth mindset - that's why Siemens consistently ranks on the Fortune World's Most Admired Companies list!What your day-to-day will look like:
- Traveling across the US to ensure the safe commissioning, operating, and performance testing of completed installations to achieve the vital plant performance per the Project requirements
- Develop and maintain constructive, cooperative working relationships with the customers and externally approved suppliers to ensure the success of the projects. Engender this approach among team members and colleagues.
- Conduct Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT), Design / Type Testing, Factory Integration Testing (FIT), and Field / Site Acceptance Testing (SAT) as required.
- Ensure detailed coordinated plans are developed and assess progress to effectively control operations on site and provide the necessary level of project reporting. Manage and direct testing and commissioning sub-contractors where appointed in larger projects.
- Ensure delivery of all T/C deliverables and documentation promptly.
- Monitor risks and issues that could affect or are affecting project delivery and facilitate their clearance. Manage all technical interfaces for the jobs assigned.
- Liaise with the Commercial Project Manager(s) to ensure that change, delays, disruption, completion, defects, or other commercial aspects are dealt with where required.
- A Technical Diploma in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Qualified Electrician with proven experience in installing, testing, and commissioning AC and DC Rail Electrification projects/distribution assets.
- Understanding of electrical protection concepts and experience in setting up protection devices (preferred)
- Experience working with and simple programming of Programmable Logic Devices (PLCs) (Preferred)
- Experienced in System integration of OLE, Switchgear, SCADA, Telecoms, M & E, and Traction Power within the Rail environment.
- Proficient in discipline-specific ANSI / IEEE and NEMA standards
- Demonstrable in-depth knowledge of and experience in conducting "Safety and Hazardous Analysis," Lock & Tagout systems, and applying earthing equipment to create a "safe system of work."
- Demonstrable in-depth knowledge of and experience with the following Siemens products is highly desired:
- Siemens Gas-insulated Switchgear (GIS)
- Sitras® TCR thyristor-controlled rectifier
- Sitras® REC diode rectifier
- Sitras® DSG DC switchgear
- Sitras® PRO / MDC DC micro-processor Muti Function Protection Relay
- Sitras® SCD short-circuiting device
- Sitras® SCS station controller (Siemens PLC, HMI and TIA portal)
- Freedom and healthy work-life balance– Health, Dental, Vision Insurance, HSA/FSA, Commuter Benefits – starting Day 1!
- Each team member is accountable for making decisions, solving problems, and taking actions contributing to long-term impact and financial success.
- We do the right thing. We stand for green innovations and meaningful solutions with an impact on customers, ecosystem partners, society, and the environment.
- We are front-runners in digitalization and building platforms. Therefore, we are hiring ambitious forward-thinkers who want to have a real impact.
- Solve the world's most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them. Take advantage of our Tuition Reimbursement program, Mentor Programs, and your development through online learning.
- Employee perks and discounts in addition to our 401k match and generous Paid Time Off
Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: https://www.benefitsquickstart.com/siemens/index.html. The base salary range for this position is $63,000 - $110,000.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.