We are looking for the right people — people who want to innovate, achieve, grow, and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. We foster a work environment that’s inclusive as well as diverse, where our people can be themselves. Experience the challenges, rewards, and opportunity of working for one of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
Halliburton Production Solutions is looking for an Electrical/Instrumentation & Controls Engineer to join its Technology Team in Houston, TX.
Job Responsibilities/Expected Knowledge:
- Prior experience in oil & gas industry preferred, knowledge and experience working with coiled tubing equipment and hydraulic workover systems highly desirable.
- Serve as technical lead on misc. automation projects with multi-disciplinary/cross functional teams and guide projects from conception through to commercialization.
- Strong background and knowledge in different aspects of control system design, signal processing and analyses, feedback loops & system dynamics.
- Expertise implementing National Instruments cRIO-based control systems desirable, other platforms like Siemens PCS7 and/or Allen Bradley control systems will also be considered.
- Solid understanding of low voltage electrical engineering concepts, enclosure design, protection systems, and sensor/component design & selection.
- Understanding of industry certification standards such as ATEX and IECEx, as well as experience in implementing these standards into designs for use in hazardous environments.
- Knowledgeable in the application of engineering tools and methodologies like Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA), Design of Experiments (DoE), etc.
- Able to read and interpret electrical and mechanical drawings and diagrams, electrical schematics, piping and instrument drawings (P&IDs), flow charts and cause and effect diagrams.
- Prepare project status reports on a regular basis to various stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills, with ability to mentor junior engineers as needed.
- Contributes to Halliburton’s Intellectual Property portfolio by delivering innovative and commercially successful solutions.
- This position utilizes skills typically acquired through the completion of a degree in Electrical/Instrumentation & Controls Engineering or similar discipline.
- Minimum educational requirement of a PhD with zero years’ experience or Master’s degree with two or more years’ related experience or Bachelor’s degree with four or more years’ related experience. Prefer candidates that have between 6-7 years industry experience.
- Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher-level roles given (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available from Principal Engineer Electrical Engineer, Advisor Engineer Electrical Engineer up to the Senior Advisor Engineer Electrical Engineer
3000 N. Sam Houston Parkway E., Houston, Texas, 77032, United States
Requisition Number: 175375
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Global R&D
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position: