$7,500 Sign-on Bonus for External Candidates
For those who want to invent the future of health care, here's your opportunity. We're going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Palliative Care Nurse provides care and support to Inpatients admitted to Providence Regional Medical Center Everett. Working with the Interdisciplinary Team, the Nurse assists in the care of patients on the Palliative Care team by individual assessments, participation in patient-family meetings, and assisting team in clarification of the goals of care and the plan of care for the patient.
Shift details: 40 hours per week
- Introduces patients/families to palliative care and schedule family meetings
- Participates in goals of care conversations
- Facilitates advance care planning and assist in completion of documents like POLST and dPOA forms
- Performs bedside assessment and evaluation of patients. Monitors patient's response to treatment, revise plan as needed, and give management recommendations to MD
- Collaborates with the palliative care physician, other team members, and the patient and their family to develop care plan based on patients goals of care and preferences
- Communicates effectively with patients and families for understanding of diagnosis, prognosis, and treatment plans
- Serves as a resource to patients/families regarding end-of-life care and the dying process
- Provides grief, loss, and bereavement support to patients and families
- Assists in counseling families regarding the caregiving aspects of caring for patients at home on hospice
- Completes documentation in a timely manner
- Willingness to work with medical students, residents, and other learners
- Participates in interdisciplinary team meetings, care planning and ethics consultations
- Assists clients to navigate healthcare systems; identifies and links clients with resources
- Recognizes and assess for cultural diversity including communication, role of family members and special traditions when contributing to the patient’s plan of care
- Assists in patient and family education where needed
- Participates in on-going Quality Improvement initiatives
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
- Current license in good standing to practice in the State of Washington
- 2+ years nursing experience
- Demonstrated ability to articulate clinical and professional competence
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with all members of the care team and ability to articulate prioritization working well on a team
- Experience in an inpatient setting and caring for patients on palliative care
- Demonstrated good organizational skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers at OptumCare. We're on a mission to change the face of health care. As the largest health and wellness business in the US, we help 58 million people navigate the health care system, finance their health care needs and achieve their health and well-being goals. Fortunately, we have a team of the best and brightest minds on the planet to make it happen. Together we're creating the most innovative ideas and comprehensive strategies to help heal the health care system and create a brighter future for us all. Join us and learn why there is no better place to do your life's best work.(sm)
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
Washington Residents Only: The hourly range for Washington residents is $27.07 to $53.08. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.