We’re Siemens. Award winning; Ranked on Fortune 500; Digital Engineering global leader. A collection of over 300,000 excellent minds who are all making the future. This position is within the Simcenter Presales group, part of our Digital Industries Software Business Unit.
As an Application Engineer Modeling & Simulation you will act as the technical lead in demonstrating and promoting our Simcenter Simulation Solutions (primarily Simcenter Prescan) to our customers in a diverse range of industries, with primary focus on sophisticated driver assistance systems (ADAS) and autonomous vehicles (AV).
This exciting opportunity promoting innovative simulation solutions while maintaining a high level of technical knowledge offers a diverse range of skill development, from understanding the first principles of ADAS and AV Systems, to developing customer focused presentations, demonstrations, proof of concepts and account leadership skills in support of our larger sales strategies.
In this position you will collaborate with the presales manager of our fast-growing Simcenter Simulation and Test Solutions and be part of a large team of technical specialists, application and support engineers within the Siemens Digital Industries Software organization.
- Work alongside the sales team to apply technical skills in the Simcenter Prescan portfolio, using a combination of application and domain expertise
- Develops proof of concept models, provide demonstrations, and drives benchmarks using the Siemens Simcenter Simulation and Test Solutions portfolio
- Collaborates with the product development roadmap by evaluating current product functionality, identifying customer needs, analyzing competitive products, analyzing and relaying customer requirements to the Siemens Simcenter product development team
- Train and mentor client technical leads and domain authorities in the application of primarily Simcenter Prescan
- Conduct technical discussions with customers to collect and understand simulation requirements, propose solutions, and explain benefits of our Simcenter portfolio
- Join a community of highly skilled individuals maintaining professional and technical knowledge to stay at the forefront of innovation.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Master of Science in Automotive, Aerospace, Mechanical Engineering or other engineering team. Bachelor of Science with several years of shown experience will also be considered
- Knowledge and experience using CAE simulation software
- Strong interpersonal skills, communication skills and problem solving capabilities. Ability to work as an individual contributor and as a team member
- Ability to travel up to 25%
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United .
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Experience using World, Sensor and Vehicle Modeling tools: Simcenter Prescan, Matlab/Simulink, Simcenter Amesim, Simcenter Heeds, Polarion, IPG Carmaker, Applied Intuition, Carla, SUMO, dSpace Aurelion, Carsim/Trucksim,
- Proficiency with C/C++ and/or Python
- Understanding of the properties and technologies of the sensors used in automated and autonomous systems (Camera/Lidar/Radar/Ultrasonic/dGPS/V2X)
- Knowledge of the ADAS/AD system design process, including the validation and verification (V&V) process, including SIL/MIL/HIL
- Experience with 3D design tools (CAD / Blender / OBS Studio)
- Experience in student projects such as SAE Formula Student, EcoCAR Mobility Challenge, GM AutoDrive Challenge, Indy Autonomous Challenge
- Industry domain experience in one of the following areas: Automotive / Ground Vehicle, Aerospace / Defense, Industrial Machinery
The total cash compensation range for this position is $76,300 to $152,600 with 10% of this being comprised of an annual incentive target. The actual compensation offered is based on the successful candidate’s work location as well as additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education/training. Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: www.benefitsquickstart.com In addition, this position is eligible for time off in accordance with Company policies, including paid sick leave paid parental leave, PTO (for non-exempt employees) or non-accrued flexible vacation (for exempt employees).
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.