Supervisor- Truck Bay (8/6)
Our culture believes in POWERING YOUR POTENTIAL. We provide global opportunities to develop your career, make your community a better place and work with today’s most innovative thinkers to solve the world’s toughest problems.
We believe in flexibility for you to explore your passions while making an impact through meaningful work within our inclusive workforce. That’s what #LifeAtCummins is all about.
We are looking for a talented Supervisor – Truck Bay to join our team in Kalgoorlie on a 8/6 residential roster. You will work closely with the technicians coaching and developing their skills and providing technical support.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
- Completes troubleshooting, repairs and rebuilds on engine products in a service workshop independently while coaching and developing less experienced technicians
- Applies documented procedures and policies to perform diagnostics and complex repairs
Performs preventative maintenance based on assessment of engine
- Completes required documentation, such as work completed documents, time sheets, warranty claims and quality forms, via handwritten or business system input screens
- Completes training in line with skill and business requirements
- Coaches and develops technicians and/or apprentices and transfers knowledge and experience to others; may provide work direction; may review repair plans, parts lists, etc
- Maintains work area and tools for cleanliness and proper operation
- Adheres to and ensures adherence of more junior technicians to all relevant Health, Safety & Environmental policies, procedures and legislation and reports any issues / incidents to their supervisor
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
- Qualified Heavy Diesel Automotive Mechanic is preferred.
- Experience in a management capacity is preferred
- Strong communication and organisation skills
- Organisational skills and multi-tasking, in a high-pressure environment
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary with $5000 sign on bonus
- Location allowance provided
- Flexible roster- 8/6
- Safety equipment / PPE provided
- Comprehensive Cummins product training provided
- Income Protection continuance insurance
- Discounts with select private health insurance, PC software/hardware and a range of vehicles
- Annual remuneration review
- Participation in an annual variable compensation (bonus) program
- A range of personal and professional benefits
- Employee Assistance Program available to employees
- Paid Parental leave (Conditions apply)
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, colour, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
We are proud to be recognised as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for All Women. Click here (link to our work180 page: https://work180.com/en-au/for-women/employer/cummins-australia/jobs) to check out our Benefits