Pioneering in America, from the first mile to the last. This is what drives us.
For 175 years, Siemens has been an integral provider of infrastructure, electrification, and transportation solutions in the United States. Open new lines and increase capacity, cut costs, and link networks: high-performance, pioneering Rail Electrification meets all the expectations of Rail Infrastructure operators today. It's a central component of the end-to-end networked digital infrastructure of tomorrow. We offer products and services extending along the entire Rail Electrification value chain to improve the quality of everyday life for millions worldwide. We have recently been named Fast Company's Best Workplaces for Innovators!
Our Rail Electrification team seeks to hire a self-driven Engineering Manager to provide the highest quality and level of customer service, both internally and externally. As an expert in the field, you will be responsible for the Engineering, Analysis, Design, Implementation, Verification, and Validation of Electrification Solutions for our Rail Projects. You will analyze the traction and high voltage requirements, design the electrification system, and provide technical expertise in all aspects of the delivery life cycle - from concept and tendering to installation and test. The leadership of the engineering group is part of the responsibility in all aspects (System Management, Engineering, Technical Bid Management, etc.)
What your day-to-day will look like:
• Continuous consultation with Product and System Management about any changes to the system concept or design;
• Prepare tenders and present solutions to clients;
• Planning and management of EL solutions within the project scope to the client, statutory specifications, and relevant standards;
• Identification of hazards, threats, and risk through assessment and workshops with Stakeholders and identification of SFAIRP Mitigations;
• Liaising with Systems Assurance and Systems Integration to ensure requirements are implemented;
• EL design, technical specifications, and reports;
• Organization and management of EL installation, testing, commissioning, and verification tasks;
• Preparation of engineering reports;
• Project execution of the relevant work packages based on detailed cost and time planning and controlling;
• Overall technical coordination of the engineering work for the project;
• Supports engineering teams and integration, test, validation, and approval work.
To thrive in this role, you have:
- Proven technical and managerial experience in Electrical Engineering and Rail Electrification projects
- Experience dealing with customers and colleagues from other cultural environments, integrating the customer's perspective when setting priorities and taking action.
- Effective leadership and mentoring skills - choosing the best actions through decision-making and setting high, yet attainable, goals for others.
- Expertise in Engineering Process, Work Package Management, IEC 15288, IEC 12207, CENELEC EN 50128, EN 50129, AS/NZ Standards
- The ability to manage budgets and costs independently while planning complex, long-term projects
Why you'll love working for Siemens:
- Freedom and healthy work-life balance– Health, Dental, Vision Insurance, HSA/FSA, Commuter Benefits – starting Day 1!
- Each team member is accountable for making decisions, solving problems, and taking actions contributing to long-term impact and financial success.
- We do the right thing. We stand for green innovations and meaningful solutions with an impact on customers, ecosystem partners, society, and the environment.
- We are front-runners in digitalization and building platforms. Therefore, we are hiring ambitious forward-thinkers who want to have a real impact.
- Solve the world's most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them. Take advantage of our Tuition Reimbursement program, Mentor Programs, and your development through online learning.
- Employee perks and discounts in addition to our 401k match and generous Paid Time Off
Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: https://www.benefitsquickstart.com/siemens/index.html. The base salary range for this position is $138,100 - $236,800. The annual incentive target is 20% of the base salary.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.