At Stryker we are dedicated to improving lives, with a passion for researching and developing new medical device products. As an engineer at Stryker, you will be proud of the work that you will be doing, using cutting-edge technologies to make healthcare better. Here, you will work in a supportive culture with other incredibly talented and intelligent people, creating industry-leading medical technology products. You will also have growth opportunities as we have a culture that supports your personal and professional development.
Need another reason to apply? Check out these 8 reasons to join Stryker's engineering team: https://www.strykercareersblog.com/post/8-reasons-to-join-strykers-engineering-team
Who we want:
- Analytical problem solvers. People who go beyond just fixing to identify root causes, evaluate optimal solutions, and recommend comprehensive upgrades to prevent future issues.
- Dedicated achievers. Relentless about quality, people who thrive in a fast-paced environment and will stop at nothing to ensure a project is complete and meets regulations and expectations.
- Curious learners. Engineers who seek out cutting-edge research and information to expand and enhance their ability to develop software.
- Goal-oriented developers. Keeping the customer and system requirements squarely in focus, people who deliver safe and robust solutions.
- User-focused creators. Engineers who design with the user in mind, developing solutions that help change patients’ lives.
- Collaborative partners. People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, information, use cases, and industry analyses to develop best practices.
- Motivated product launchers. Engineers who bring strategic direction and drive for execution to ensure products are developed and launched with precision.
What You Will Do:
- Design & development of mechanical components & systems in the medical device domain.
- Working on multiple projects simultaneously in product engineering such as gap assessments, design changes, manufacturing transfers, product development, regulatory or business-driven projects, etc.
- Derive or remediate design requirements/engineering specifications (including performance, reliability, etc.) that meets the user need requirements.
- Creation or remediation of Design History Files, Device Master Records and other related technical documents including drawings, labelling, packaging, instruction for use, etc.
- Driving the engineering changes through proper planning & analysis of change impact, creation of change orders/notices & applicable documents, execution of change for implementation through multiple review processes & coordinating with various stakeholders involved.
- Engineering analysis through simulation, design of experiments, statistics, engineering calculations, etc.
- Liaison with lab team to carry out verification and validation activities that include the development of test methods, test protocols, test method validation, test execution, analysis, and reporting.
- Collaboration with divisional partners to drive the assigned projects within schedule, cost & quality baselines.
- Involve in technical discussions with the stakeholders (including SMEs, vendors, etc.) globally.
- Execution of NC CAPA implement design controls & risk controls.
What You Need:
- Master/Bachelor’s in Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
- 3+ years of work experience
- Strong technical ability in creating engineering drawings and models, applying GD&T and CAE tools.
- Skilled in interpreting design, analyzing, and doing DFM, DFI, materials and manufacturing
- Adept at applying knowledge of materials and manufacturing processes to product design.
- Ability to communicate moderate complexity plans and technical information to team members.
- Experience & knowledge of plastic films and film blown extrusion process preferred.
- Good working knowledge of CAD applications (Creo/SolidWorks/UniGraphics)
- Experience with analysis tools, specifically tolerance analysis and FEA using ANSYS software preferred.
- Strong knowledge of soft goods(textiles) and plastic parts design, manufacturing, and testing methods.
- Understanding of engineering change process with prior experience in creating engineering change notices or orders, conducting design or change reviews and implementing them.
- Competency in statistics, process capability, design of experiments, including statistical applications such as Minitab, etc.
- Experience in working with regulated industries like Medical devices, Aerospace, Automotive etc. Understanding of medical device standards and regulations is preferred.
- Highly developed problem-solving skills with demonstrated successful resolution of project-level issues.
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better.
The company offers innovative products and services in Medical and Surgical, Neurotechnology, Orthopedics, and Spine that help improve patient and healthcare outcomes. Alongside its customers around the world, Stryker impacts more than 100 million patients annually.
More information is available at stryker.com