Are you looking for a company that empowers talent?
Here at Siemens, we take pride in enabling sustainable progress through technology. We do this through empowering customers by combining the real and digital worlds. Improving how we live, work, and move today and for the next generation!
From Day 1, you are empowered to create an impact with your full potential and creativity to make a difference for tomorrow.
We truly have an inclusive and diverse team culture where you can be yourself.
Our extensive global presence offers a diverse range of career opportunities across various industries, nations, and job domains, empowering our workforce to continuously enhance their skills and stay competitive.
Create a better tomorrow with us!
Electrification and Automation (EA)
Headquartered in Wendell, NC, the Electrification and Automation (EA) Business Unit offers the full range of energy distribution systems and solutions for all markets and through all sgales channels. We provide reliable power distribution grids of today while investing into our Future Grids portfolio to create the power distribution grid of the future.
As a Material Handler you will perform the necessary movement of materials: receiving, storage, picking, delivery, and inventory of all items including transport of materials to production areas. You may be required to document and record receipt and delivery of all materials and products using SAP. This position also performs the required equipment inspections to ensure safe operation.
- Safely operates a stand-up reach truck, stand-up order picker, and sit-down forklift in high traffic areas and narrow aisles
- Inspects moving equipment daily
- Unloads and receives production materials physically and records in the SAP system
- Counts and verifies counts for incoming material within the storeroom
- Pick materials for inside and outside customers using RF Scanners with count accuracy
- Performs cycle counts daily of materials in the storeroom
- Packs and ships materials efficiently and damage free for shipment to our customers
- Loads materials for outgoing shipments and makes sure that proper documentation is being provided to drivers
- Efficient with small hand tools, battery, electrical, & air power tools
- Adhere to developed processes, methods and/or seek ways to improve
- Must adhere to all safety rules and keep safety first for self and others
- Perform miscellaneous other duties as assigned by Supervisor or Management
Requirements: knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to lift parts or sub-assemblies that weigh up to 50 lbs. occasionally
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Must be a strong team player
- Must have the ability to work independently with little guidance
- Must be able to perform job duties safely with a sense of urgency
- Must have great attention to detail while working to a deadline
- Must have a positive attitude, work well with others, and implement constructive criticism
Preferred: knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
- 1 + years’ experience in material management (warehousing)
- 1+ years’ experience driving a forklift
- Experience with SAP system
- Experience with RF Scanner devices
- Proficient with MS Office applications including but not limited to Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Associates Degree or technical training in area of responsibility
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Wellness Program
- Flexible Time off or Generous paid – time off depending on position level
Click here to learn more about our extensive benefits offerings.
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If you are a people-person who loves the rewarding challenge of building a brand, we want to hear from you. If so, we'd like to meet you!
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.