Please note that this is not currently a live job posting. If you are enthusiastic about becoming part of the VCA team in Istanbul, we invite you to submit your application to the job listing, and we will reach out to you at a later date.
Visa Consulting and Analytics (VCA) drives tangible, impactful and financial results for Visa’s network clients, including issuers, merchant acquirers, co-brand and merchants. Drawing on our expertise in strategy consulting, data analytics, value proposition development, UX, market entry analysis and card portfolio management improvement, Visa Consulting and Analytics solves the most strategic problems for our clients.
We apply deep expertise in the payments industry to provide solutions to assist clients with their key business priorities drive growth and improve profitability. The VCA team provides a comprehensive range of consulting services to deliver solutions that address unique challenges in areas such as improving profitability, strategic growth, customer experience, digital payments and managing risk.
We are currently looking for a Consulting Analyst to support the team on strategic consulting engagements.
The position will be based in İstanbul
The ideal candidate is a highly analytical individual with previous strategy, consulting and /or financial experience (payments experience a plus).
Typical projects may include:
- How does a financial institution increase market share in consumer credit cards?
- How should a credit card issuer use emerging technology to acquire the best customers?
- How does a financial institution grow their credit card portfolio while mitigating credit risk?
- How does a financial institution optimize their product offering?
- How should a credit card issuer use digital and emerging technology to acquire and retain the best customers?
- Play an integral role on a team of experienced professionals in delivering strategic consulting services to key Visa clients
- Complete consulting engagements with other team members, including participating in interviews, analyzing confidential client data, and summarizing key findings
- Conduct industry research and identify internal and external data resources to create custom analytics
- Complete detailed analysis on client data and identify preliminary trends and themes in the data
- Develop client-specific presentations which address executive needs and deliver presentations to clients and internal Visa partners
- Play an integral role in the development of new consulting solutions and materials to train VCA team members
- Monitor industry trends and contribute to the development of whitepapers on the impact to clients
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- 3 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- Previous consulting experience preferred
- Excellent communication, story-telling and presentation skills
- Exceptional analytical skills, with the ability to process and summarize large amounts of data into key strategic insights
- Strong team player with a willingness to collaborate across levels and functional experts - Strong multi-tasking skills and ability to adapt
- Proficient and ideally a power-user of spreadsheet and presentation tools
- An interest in learning advanced analytics tools (SAS, R, Tableau, etc.)
- An interest in payments, financial institutions or consumer lending a plus
- An affinity for payments technology, FinTech and digital
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.