Visa seeks a Staff Software Engineer to join the Treasury Test Engineering team, a part of the Payments Products Development team. The candidate for this position will be responsible for testing system infrastructure solutions for business critical high visibility projects. This po‐ sition will be based in Atlanta, Georgia. This position is ideal for an experienced Software Engineer who is passionate about testing complex and challenging business problems and testing applications that provide an excellent user experience. Experience in automated testing, CI/CD, and full stack software design and development is a plus. The candidate will be extensively involved in hands-on activities including analyzing business requirements and design documents, development of Test Plans, Test Design and Test cases, design walk-throughs, testing, building and maintaining automated test solutions for multiple applications on a variety of technology stacks, and coordinating with other application teams for integration/interface testing.
Passion for high quality software design and engineering.
Experience with one or more testing frameworks, ideally Robot Framework.
Experience with one or more general-purpose programming languages, ideally Python.
Experience working with and querying a relational database management system, ideally MySQL.
Familiarity with a *nix environment (Unix, Linux, etc), and familiarity with shell scripting (any language or environment) Experience building and testing applications, RESTful services, or microservices on a modern technology stack.
3+ years software development and test experience.
Excellent verbal and written communication ability.
Ability to work well within a globally distributed team, in a high performance organization.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
• 5 or more years of work experience with a bachelor’s degree, or at least 2 years of work experience with an advanced degree (e.g. masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree, OR 8+ years of relevant work experience.
• 6 or more years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or 4 or more years of relevant experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or up to 3 years of relevant experience with a PhD.
• Experience testing applications, RESTful services, or microservices on a modern technology stack.
• Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills.
• Shows creativity and initiative to improve product coverage and effectiveness.
• Experience with one or more general-purpose programming languages, ideally Python.
• Familiarity with relational database design and implementation.
• Familiarity with Jenkins, git, or other source control and CI/CD technologies
• Familiarity with Selenium, Cucumber, Robot Framework, QuickTest Pro, and other automation tools is desired.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.U.S. APPLICANTS ONLY: The estimated salary range for a new hire into this position is 111,200.00 to 144,500.00 USD, which may include potential sales incentive payments (if applicable). Salary may vary depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position may be eligible for bonus and equity. Visa has a comprehensive benefits package for which this position may be eligible that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 (k), FSA/HSA, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Wellness Program.