At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.Overview:
Can you help us shape the future? Siemens Smart Infrastructure is looking for dedicated people with the drive, skills, and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our Fire Safety team as a Product Manager and help us build the technology that will save lives and transform entire industries, cities and even countries! In this role, you will develop, execute, and supervise annual business plans for your product portfolio to ensure divisional sales and profit targets are achieved. This role is based in Parsippany, New Jersey, but the impact is worldwide.Responsibilities:
As Product Manager, you will develop all marketing programs for our Sinorix® line of fire extinguishing and suppression products, and work to achieve organization business development targets by researching and developing marketing opportunities and plans.
- Guiding the future of the Sinorix product line is your responsibility, including talking to customers to identify product marketing opportunities and develop new product functional specifications. Don’t just predict the future – make it happen.
- We need to understand the market if we are to be successful. This requires you to investigate the fire suppression market to define the market addressed by Siemens products, our competitor's share, and competitors' advantages and weaknesses.
- As the owner of the business plan, the forecast for projected business and establishing a marketing plan to secure targeted company share is your responsibility.
- Providing consistent and timely communications to field sales with information pertaining to product benefits, functionality as well as competitive information is important for success. You are the face of the product to our customers.
- You will research the market to identify market opportunities, and decide how to capitalize on these opportunities, to improve our product marketability and profitability.
- Cross functional product development teams will be guided by you, including R&D, Marketing, Supply Chain, Sales, Training, Tech Support, and others. You will represent these teams when reporting to Management on proposals and progress. Be visible to the Siemens management team.
- Product pricing based on competitive analysis and corporate profit goals need your input. Ensure Siemens gets a fair return for the value your products provide. You will provide forecasts to manufacturing and assist in control of inventory value.
- You will maintain relationships with key accounts by making periodic visits, exploring specific needs, and anticipating new opportunities. You may be involved in solution recommendations for customers, and handle negotiations for product development sales. You will support product migrations for customers as well.
- Technical products need top notch support! You will provide Subject Matter Expert-level product support to customer service, technical support, training, sales outlets, and customers as required.
- The industry doesn’t stand still, and neither will you. Stay ahead of what's trending in the industry by attending informative workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing professional networks, benchmarking state-of-the-art practices, and engaging with professional societies.
- Bachelor’s degree required, typically in Engineering or Business. A Master’s level degree is not required, but is preferred.
- Experience in a sophisticated product management, marketing or direct sales role in Fire Suppression, Fire Alarm Control Panels, Notification Appliances, and/or Fire Peripherals is preferred.
- “Self-starter” mentality and internal drive are required. Every day is different, so you decide what is important to do each day.
- Understanding and shaping the customer experience is crucial, so the ability to get hands-on experience is required. This is not just a desk job.
- Experience with software based Fire Alarm System Configuration Tools is advantageous.
- Strong experience with data analysis and business mindset is necessary.
- Highly effective cross-functional team management experience is required.
- Outstanding writing and editing skills combined with strong presentation and public speaking skills is necessary to be successful in this position.
- Travel within the U.S. and internationally up to 20% of the time.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.Benefits:
Competitive salary based on qualifications
Health, dental, and vision plans with options
Matching 401(k)Competitive flex vacation, holidays, and floating holidays
Paid parental leave
Extensive product training and professional career development
Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height, or AIDS/HIV status, protected
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.