Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem-solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
As an experienced Fire Technician, you will be involved in the programming, start-up, and commissioning of fire alarm equipment that has been newly installed, which includes fire safety, mass notification, detectors, and field peripherals. You will communicate design details to customers, installation and service teams, and subcontractors. You will also interface with other trades to successfully complete projects while exceeding customers’ expectations.
This position supports customers throughout the Greater Boston/Eastern MA area.
Operational Testing, Verification, and Acceptance:
- Run routine reports to review system operation
- Provide plans and fire safety system documents to engineering for as-built drawings. Identify code and non-conformance issues and make recommendations for system installation
- Participate in final inspection and testing
- Support customer acceptance and the Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ). Assist with customer training on system operations
- Complete and submit routine written reports
- High school diploma or state-recognized GED; Associate degree in electronics or related field preferred
- Massachusetts D and/or Rhode Island Fire license, or be actively pursuing either
- Experience in the installation and maintenance of fire safety products; 2+ years preferred
- Must obtain NICET Fire Alarm Certification Level 2 within 12 months
- Must be at least 18 years of age and possess a valid driver's license with limited violations
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States and must not require employer-based support or sponsorship now or in the future
- This position may support a Siemens customer who may require all employees and vendors to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 where permitted by applicable law and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons
- Ability to read and understand design and construction documents
- Ability to work in a variety of circumstances including climbing ladders, scaffolds, and high-lift equipment, working in ducts, crawl spaces, roofs, basements, above ceilings, and in outside/inside/heat/cold/day/night conditions
- Must be able to differentiate types/colors of wire
- Must be able to use hand tools, laptop, email, smartphone, and tablet
- Must be able to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 50 pounds unassisted
- Ability to work in a team environment providing dedicated support to our customers
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Must be able to create detailed reports and professional documentation
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Electrical wiring, fire alarms, Fire Alarm Technician, fire alarm system, Fire alarm control panel, Building safety interfaces, safety devices, nicet, nfpa, axis ax, wheelock, exceder, 4100es, truealert, safelinc, next-in protection, firelite, fire light, fire-light, silent knight, simplex, siemens, notifier, edwards, est, gamewell, mircom, fike, vigilant, siemens xls, siemens mxl
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.