This position is within the Operations and Infrastructure Organization at Visa. This position requires someone with a passion for Infrastructure, Infrastructure as Code, Automation, root cause investigation and improving infrastructure agility. The candidate is required to have strong analytical abilities, work independently and have strong communication skills and working knowledge of automation tools like Ansible and Chef, monitoring tools like Splunk, BMC Patrol, Grafana, and Linux Operating system, ESX/VCNTR, Docker/Kubernetes/Openshift.
The candidate would be required to work in 4x10 hour shift covering Sunday through Wednesday or Wednesday through Saturday or other staggered schedule as needed. This position doesn't require night shift.
- Responsible for the ongoing maintenance, security, and availability of Systems infrastructure based on business requirements and adhering to tight operations, security, and procedural models.
- Respond to and resolve incident and problem tickets.
- Must have Strong Knowledge and experience in system monitoring techniques and tools supporting unattended operations
- Responsible for partnering with the Platform, Engineering and Delivery Teams to deliver seamless infrastructure support for all Visa business lines
- Responsible for adherence of established ITIL practice.
- Ability to operate in complex, highly-secure, and highly-available, operations environments and interact with the technology domain experts required to maintain those environments.
- Provide automation solutions of manual tasks performed by infrastructure support.
- Work closely with areas across Visa including, Operations, Engineering, Service Product office, and Global Open System Development Lines
- Ensuring team meets all SLA's and team objectives.
- Managing large heterogeneous infrastructure involving primarily Linux, and exposure to AIX.
- Lead and participate in the determination of root causes for service failure and support escalation, using knowledge and experience of VMWare ESX vSphere, Containers, HADOOP, Blade technology (Cisco/HP/Dell), IBM VIO, Linux and AIX, and GPFS.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office 2-3 set days a week (determined by leadership/site), with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% or more of the time based on business needs.
2+ years of relevant work experience and a Bachelors degree, OR 5+ years of relevant work experience.
Unix/Linux Systems Administration experience in relevant technologies.
Experience in Virtualization/Container technologies such as IBM VIO, ESX, Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift.
Experience supporting enterprise level HPE/Dell servers
Experience in supporting cluster technologies such as GPFS
Experience working in large, complex, enterprise datacenter environments
Ability to write technical design and build documentation for all aspects of supported Infrastructure
Excellent verbal, written, skills, in particular, demonstrated ability to effectively communicate technical and business issues and solutions to multiple organizational levels internally and externally.
Strong understanding of process orientation ( ITIL), understanding of project management techniques, methodologies and best practices
Individual should be self-motivated with the ability to work independently
Sound planning, organizational and problem solving skills
Candidate must have excellent interpersonal skills with ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical customers
Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and commitments in an environment that requires multitasking among concurrent projects
Experience supporting a 24x7 Operational environment, requiring shift support
Strong organizational skills with the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities and assignments
Ability to set goals and objectives, prioritize, and manage situations to satisfactory completion
Ability to coordinate activities within cross-divisional and cross-functional teams
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
U.S. APPLICANTS ONLY: The estimated salary range for a new hire into this position is 94,700.00 to 120,700.00 USD, which may include potential sales incentive payments (if applicable). Salary may vary depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position may be eligible for bonus and equity. Visa has a comprehensive benefits package for which this position may be eligible that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 (k), FSA/HSA, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Wellness Program.