We are looking for a talented 310T Licensed technician to join our team for our Mississauga branch.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
- Complete troubleshooting, repairs and rebuilds on engine products and other customer equipment in a service shop. Mid and Heavy engine repair included but not limited to-In frames, overhauls, engine swings.
- Perform preventative maintenance based on assessment of engines, including utilizing computers/software in the process of diagnostic work.
- Apply documented procedures and policies to complete complex repairs, including identifying and preparing required parts and tools.
- Completing required documentation, such as work completed documents, time sheets, warranty claims, quality documents via handwritten forms or business system input screens.
- Ongoing training and additional certifications on new and existing Cummins products.
- Adhere to all our relevant Health, Safety & Environmental policies, procedures and legislation and reports any issues / incidents to their supervisor.
- Daily use of Insite and QSOL
- Ensures to follow and adhere to Cummins safety standards at all times.
Communicates effectively - Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- Manages complexity - Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Customer focus - Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Develops talent - Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Self-development - Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged using both formal and informal development channels.
- Service Documentation - Creates and verifies customer, equipment and technical information; captures specific data using required service tools; follows procedures and documents required information in the service management system in order to have an accurate record of the work done.
- Technical Escalation - Obtains product technical issue information and utilizes available resources including data management tools; elevates issues to a higher level of expertise, balancing timeliness of customer response with investigation efforts; captures all troubleshooting steps in the appropriate database in order to ensure seamless transitions and accurate response to ticket resolution in a timely manner.
- Diagnostics Application - Translates customer complaints to develop troubleshooting plan; troubleshoots issue following guided work flows, procedures, specialized equipment such as mechanical and electronic service tools, and diagnoses computer software to isolate failed components to enable a successful repair; validates repair by duplicating complaint to ensure it has been resolved; documents results of troubleshooting in business systems to communicate what has been done for payment and historical tracking.
- Electronic Service Tool Application - Identifies the suite of available hardware and software tools required for a service event; utilizes the appropriate electronic tool set to maintain the product or diagnose and troubleshoot an issue; interprets electronic tool results or recommendations to determine next steps for service resolution.
- Product Repair and Maintenance - Repairs and maintains mechanical/electrical products following guidelines, using required tools within standard repair time to ensure a quality repair; disassembles and assembles engines or power generators following guidelines, using required tools to ensure a clean and organized environment; inspects and replaces parts and components following re-use guidelines to minimize customers cost of ownership; performs progressive damage check following guidelines to restore to pre-failure condition.
- Engine Systems Interactions - Interprets and analyzes the interactions of internal and external electrical and mechanical systems (exhaust, heating, cooling, fuel systems, driveline, aftertreatment, controls, sensors, etc.) by applying tools, service publications (Cummins, Original Equipment Manufacturer) and taking measurements to efficiently and correctly diagnose and repair.
- Health and Safety Fundamentals - Champions and models proactive health and safety behaviors by identifying, reporting and participating in actions to improve health and safety in order to build an interdependent culture and contribute to an injury-free workplace.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
- 310T License
- Locally valid driving permit
- Knowledge of Cummins products and or of Cummins Insite-QSOL is an asset
- This position may require licensing for compliance with export controls or sanctions regulations.
- Minimum 5 years of work shop experience required
- Good level knowledge of and/or experience with engine products
- Able to work under minimal supervision.
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our Company Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
At Cummins, we are committed to the principles of diversity and employment equity under the Employment Equity Act, and we strive to ensure that our workforce reflects the diverse nature of Canadian society.
Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
The successful candidate will be subject to our Pre-Employment Background Screening process that consists of a Criminal Background Check as well as Education and Work Experience Verification.