DoD SkillBridge Internship – Technician/Specialist FlexForce
This position may be located in the following cities: Chicago, Indianapolis, St. Louis, or Des Moines and will require a minimum of 50% travel primarily throughout the Midwest.
This opportunity is unique to active-duty US Military Service members with formal approval to participate in a DoD SkillBridge Intern program.
Desired Military Experience, Backgrounds and/or Aptitude:
- Civil Engineering (HVAC & Electrician)
- Mechanical/Electrical/Electronic/Computer Systems
- Automation/Integration Technicians & Specialists
- Nuclear Engineering/Power/Energy
- Satellite/Radar Systems
- Comm Techs
- Fire Control Navaids
- Submarine Electronics/Computer Techs
- Avionics Systems & more!
About our Smart Buildings:
Because we spend 90% of our lives in buildings, they should be perfect places for all we do. Smart buildings enhance the experience. Interacting with people, systems, and ambient elements, they learn from experience and real-time input. Using intelligent control, security, and energy management systems, we help factories and offices better support the industries they house. We help schools, hospitals, data centers, and military bases have a great impact – all while increasing comfort, efficiency, resilience, and safety. Our Smart Buildings help to create efficient, safe, responsive, and responsible environments. Our aim isn’t just about improving buildings; it’s about creating perfect places that improve peoples’ lives.
Our Three Main Business Groups that you could be assigned to:
Building Automation: HVAC Controls, Lighting Controls, and Mechanical/Electrical Services
Fire/Life Safety: Fire Alarm, Mass/Emergency Communication, and Sprinkler/Suppression
Security: Integrated Surveillance and Access Controls
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
Building automation is the centralized control of a building's heating, ventilation, air conditioning, lighting, and other systems through a building management system or building automation system (BAS). The objectives of building automation are improved occupant comfort, efficient operation of building systems, reduction in energy consumption and operating costs, and improved life cycle of utilities.
This entry-level position assists with building automation system startup, ensuring that all systems and components are designed, installed, tested, operated, and maintained according to the operational requirements of the customer. The right candidate will work well with others, take ownership, be a team player, and act with integrity.
This position reports to the local Supervisor and takes direction from a mentor and Lead Technician.
This position may be located in the following cities: Chicago, Indianapolis, St. Louis, or Des Moines and will require a minimum of 50% travel primarily throughout the Midwest. Additionally, the construction sites will open between the hours of 6am - 9am, so the selected candidates have to be available to work between 6am - 6pm (depending on when the job sites open - not expected to work 12hr days).
- Assist with commissioning new Distributed Digital Control System on construction sites. Commissioning is ensuring all systems and components are functioning as required.
- Document commissioning details; communicate deficiencies and progress.
- Plan work with mentor, Lead Technician, and Team Leader.
- Complete commissioning within planned timelines.
- Submit accurate time-keeping daily and expenses weekly.
- Work overtime when needed.
- Able to accommodate in an out of state overnight travel - typically within the Midwest region.
· U.S. Military experience as an E4 or above (Navy, Air Force, Army, Marines, Coast Guard, Space Force, National Guard, Reserves)
- High school diploma or state-recognized GED required; Associates degree preferred
- Electro-mechanical aptitude/knowledge/skills
- Knowledge of Building Automation Controls, Fire/Life Safety or Integrated Security systems preferred
- For positions related to Fire/Life Safety: knowledge of NFPA codes and ability to obtain certification in NICET I is preferred
- Computer and software skills
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project experience preferred
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States
- Must be 21 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license with limited violations
· You must be able to read/understand design and construction documents; work in a variety of environments in and around mechanical equipment, including climbing ladders, scaffolds, and high-lift equipment, working in ducts, above ceilings, and in outside/inside/heat/cold/day/night conditions; use hand tools, laptop, email, smartphone, and tablet; carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 50 pounds unassisted
This position may support Siemens’ customers who require all employees and vendors to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 where permitted by applicable law and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Why work for Siemens as a SkillBridge Intern?
You will gain hands-on experience during your internship and will have the opportunity to join (upon successful completion of the internship) one of the world's largest and best-known companies as acknowledged in 2022 by:
Fortune: World's Most Admired Companies
Forbes: America's Best Large Employers, America's Best Employers for Diversity, and Best Employers for New Graduates
Fast Company: Most Innovative Companies and World Changing Ideas Awards
Corporate Equality Index: Best Places to Work for LGBTQ+ Equality
We offer our full-time employees (post-SkillBridge) an excellent benefits/compensation package, growth/learning/development opportunities, and a diverse/inclusive culture where everyone plays their part and makes an impact for our team and our customers.
#RSS #DOD #LI-ARS
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-Time temporary
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.