Pioneering in America, from the first mile to the last. This is what drives us.
For more than 160 years, Siemens has been an integral provider of infrastructure, electrification, and transportation solutions in the United States. Rail systems must do one thing above all: run. With modern maintenance solutions – from diagnostics to data-based action recommendations, from quick delivery of replacement parts to strategically planned modernization – we ensure your systems' highest reliability and availability: 100% Railability. We are constantly developing new, intelligent mobility solutions that increase the availability of infrastructure for the society, optimize route usage and create a new quality of travel.
Good service means we are there for our partners and customers when they need us – and beyond. That is because we define ourselves by what we do. Every day, every hour, every minute. We help our customers move the world.
Siemens Mobility is seeking to fill a Field Service Engineer position in New Orleans, LA. The Field Service Engineer will plan, organize, coordinate, and lead all phases of the maintenance activities of our SIEMENS CHARGER locomotives. You will also be accountable for scheduling maintenance activities with our customer, training the maintenance personnel, and advising on the best maintenance techniques. Setting a safe work environment and proactively supporting our customer in a professional manner are critical to the job. The Field Service Engineer will interact with the operational, engineering, dispatching and financial departments for the safe, cost effective and efficient operations of the railroad.
What your day-to-day will look like:
- Ensure the provision of high-quality technical advice to the maintenance workforce to enhance equipment reliability of a new locomotive fleet,
- Ensure responsiveness and support to completion of any troubleshooting and repairs to assigned service requests. Non-conformance issues are identified, and improvement recommendations are made,
- Ensure proper communication between the customer, our Rail Support Center and the field team,
- Act as a mentor and provide on-the-job training to Technicians as required,
- Provide feedback to team regarding performance, quality, and productivity issues,
- Conduit to the field - conduct regular meetings with field personnel and managers to share company information, updates, etc.,
- Work with 3rd parties, such as Cummins, to ensure proper operation of vendor components installed on the locomotive,
- Continually progress customers maintenance practices to support the Charger locomotive as intended by the manual.
To thrive in this role, you have:
- Associates degree in engineering or 3+ years of industry experience. In lieu of degree, a combination of education and Siemens relevant work experience will be considered,
- Minimum of 3 years of working experience with a railroad or other technical agency,
- Excellent English language technical communication skills in speaking, reading, and writing,
- Must possess proven skills with all Microsoft Office (including Excel/Word/Access/PowerPoint) products,
- Setting you apart from others would be an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline with 5+ years of experience managing field operations with knowledge of Railroad Regulatory requirements and FRA regulations and guideline.
- Ability to travel up to 10 %.
Why you'll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and healthy work-life balance– Health, Dental, Vision Insurance, HSA/FSA, Commuter Benefits – starting Day 1!
- We believe that each member of our team is accountable for making decisions, solving problems, and taking actions that contribute to long-term impact and financial success.
- We do the right thing. We stand for green innovations and meaningful solutions with impact on customers, ecosystem partners, society, and environment.
- We are frontrunners in digitalization and building platforms. Therefore, we are hiring ambitious forward-thinkers who want to have a real impact.
- Solve the world's most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them! Take advantage of our Tuition Reimbursement program, Mentor Programs, and your development through online learning. We operate daily with a growth mindset - that's why Siemens consistently ranks on the Fortune World's Most Admired Companies list!
- Employee perks and discounts in addition to our 401k match and generous Paid Time Off
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without needing current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: https://www.benefitsquickstart.com/siemens/index.html. The base salary range for this position in New Orleans, Louisiana is $63,000 - $103,300. The actual salary/wage offered may be lower or higher depending on budget and candidate experience, knowledge, skills, and qualifications.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.