Follow Raytheon Technologies To Get Updated When They Post New Roles On PowerToFly!
Location:AUSNSW121: Macquarie Park NSW, Level 3 Building D Talavera Corporate Centre, 12-24 Talavera Road, Macquarie Park, NSW, 2113, Australia
Position Role Type:Unspecified
- Fast track your career on breakthrough defence projects
- Gain hands-on experience from concept to delivery
- Learn from the best in a high calibre team with great benefits and professional development
Raytheon Australia is a trusted capability partner delivering some of the most complex, innovative and meaningful engineering projects for the Australian Defence Force.
Right now, the company is experiencing exciting growth across the country, and we are looking for a smart and energised Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our team.
Our mechanical engineers are world class and working on projects that truly contribute to the defence of our nation. We look for specialists with a talent for big picture thinking and attention to detail – engineers with the knowledge and knowhow to apply technical theories and concepts and deliver real-world solutions. We depend on our mechanical engineers to make sure our complex, long-range projects are the best they can be, from early concept to final delivery.
In return, we offer outstanding opportunities to grow, with Raytheon Australia’s exclusive professional development programs, and a raft of employee benefits tailored to suit every stage of your career and lifestyle.
Playing a key role in key projects is just one of the many reasons why it’s great to work here.
An opportunity is now available for a Senior Mechanical Engineer who wants to be involved from the initial stages of an exciting new programs within Defence
As a Senior Mechanical Engineer, you will join our team in Macquarie Park, NSW to help develop these major new systems. The Mechanical Engineer will support the design, development, integration, and verification activities for the hardware sub-systems within the capability. The projects will undertake Systems, Hardware and Software Engineering development while ensuring all engineering design is undertaken in accordance with specified engineering plans and procedures so that all deliverables are safe and fit for purpose.
Key to your success will be the ability to apply a broad range of engineering skills to support the program’s hardware development through its full engineering life cycle.
- Supporting the development and implementation of all mechanical related sub-systems
- Work with customer and other stakeholders to translate their needs into an implementable sub-system requirements and architecture
- Understand the Systems Engineering methodology, tools and procedures required to complete the Systems Engineering tasks assigned
- Support the governance of the program architecture
- Identify and address technical risks
- Support presentation of the system requirements and design to program and customer stakeholders
To be successful in this role, you will have demonstrated and/or acquired the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- Relevant degree in Mechanical engineering discipline
- Demonstrate a high level of technical expertise; apply and communicate knowledge effectively to others
- Minimum eight years' engineering experience including experience in mechanical design and design changes.
- The following experience is highly regarded:
- Experience with a 3D CAD parametric modelling software.
- Experience in mechanical component / sub-system selection and procurement.
- Familiarity with product configuration control.
- Experience with mechanical manufacturing standards and methods.
- Familiarity with AS1100 drawing standard
Candidates must be an Australian Citizen and/or able to obtain and maintain an Australian Defence NV1 security clearance. Eligibility can be found at http://www.defence.gov.au/agsva.
Don’t miss the opportunity to build your career in a world class team and help build the defence systems that keep Australia safe.
As our employees say, we do great work at Raytheon Australia and it’s great to #workhere. Come and find out why!
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career access your next mission by clicking the “Apply” button below or contact us at email@example.com
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms