Manufacturing Process Design Engineer - Mechanical
Position is within the Operations Group of the Gas Chromatograph (GC) and Systems Integration (SI) and Sample Conditioning Systems (SCS) Business Unit. This location is the Lead Factory for the Global Business.
This is a senior level engineering position that will provide primary Product and Production Support for internal manufacturing of GC and GC Products. Infrequent and limited support of SI and SCS products required. Advise on GC and GC product design with regards to product manufacturability. Create manufacturing solutions including assembly and test fixtures, process documentation, coordinate product ramp up and drives continuous improvement topics. Position will often require working independently while consulting with R&D, Product Management and/or Business Unit Management and at times lead a team of peers and subordinates.
- Review product specifications and requirements to provide manufacturability feedback to R&D, GC Engineering or Product Management.
- Determine product modifications to increase efficiency of production and assist with redesign effort.
- Plan and design equipment layout, tools, product assembly fixtures, test fixtures and define and create IT programs, to contribute to overall manufacturing workflow.
- Analyze manufacturing sequences during pilot series and test and analyze manufacturability of samples. Recommend product changes and implement production changes.
- Conduct improvement projects working with internal manufacturing, external vendors, or service providers.
- Ensure appropriate process and product documentation.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS Mechanical Engineering or Engineering Technology with product and manufacturing process experience.
- 5 to 10 years’ experience in Manufacturing (discrete, repetitive and project) with experience designing assembly and test fixtures for standalone electronic/physical/mechanical electronic sensor-based measurement/processing product.
- Machining and Fabrication experience.
- Minimum travel (domestic & international) (<10%).
- 3D/2D cad experience. NX and AutoCAD preferred.
- SAP – MM and PP experience.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Programming; C/C++, C#, Python, Visual Basic, Perl, Ruby, Java, etc.
- Knowledge of Analytical Instrumentation such as Gas Chromatograph, Liquid Chromatograph or Mass Spec.
- In-Depth knowledge of Sensors and Controls.
- Lean/Six-Sigma/Agile certification.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.