EnerSys® is an industrial technology leader serving the global community with mission critical stored energy solutions that meet the growing demand for energy efficiency, reliability and sustainability. We are driven by a passion to provide people everywhere with accessible power to help them work and live better. Our people are our strength, an endless resource for innovation, insight and enthusiasm.
This position will report to our EnerSys Energy Systems business, which serves the telecom, cable broadband, industrial, renewable, and data center markets. Our portfolio combines our stored energy expertise with power systems, enclosures, and renewable energy products to deliver world-class solutions for diverse applications such as 5G, broadband, Internet of Things (IoT), data center, and solar power. Our cutting-edge technology includes Lithium batteries, Fault Managed Power Systems, and Extended Run Time battery backup systems that improve the reliability and resiliency of broadband networks.
EnerSys has over thirty manufacturing and assembly plants worldwide servicing over 10,000 customers in more than 100 countries. Worldwide headquarters are located in Reading, PA, USA with regional headquarters in Europe and Asia. Some of our brands include PowerSafe, DataSafe, and Genesis batteries; Cordex power; and Outback Power renewable energy products. With sales and service locations throughout the world, and over 100 years of battery experience, EnerSys is the power/full solution for stored DC power products.
Provides general field electrical support for projects, as directed.
- Replaces, or repairs equipment, and brings installation projects into quality and/or safety compliance
- Performs and oversees successful installation and transition of live critical load panels supporting power to critical I.T. network infrastructure
- Performs new installations, removals, and modifications on live energized systems supporting critical network equipment.
- Performs addition or removal of circuits on working power distribution sources
- Performs equipment testing and turn-up of emergency backup power systems, generators & HVAC systems.
- Marks/corrects office record drawings
- Maintains inventories of material and equipment for regional use, and transports needed equipment to the job site
- Maintains a close interface with the area manager and with all customer stakeholders regarding schedules, quality, and standards Knows and implements customers’ standards of safety, installation quality, processes, and communication methods
- Escalates any issues to the area manager
- Enforces standards of professionalism, quality, safety, metrics, and processes
- Accurately track all time and expenses, and reports back to the project management office using approved methods
- Support sales team, cultivating customer relationships, identifying opportunities, and delivering consistent quality and value
- Provides work assignments to multiple teams of electricians in the region supporting multiple projects in the region.
- Expected travel (50-75%)
- High school diploma
- 4-6 years experience in a similar position
- Must possess valid Journeyman Electrical Card 01
- interpersonal, listening, and communication skills
- Ability to add or remove Common Systems equipment hardware Ability to add or remove wiring and connections
- Basic skills with Microsoft Word applications
- Know electrical codes and best practices
- Ability to read and interpret electrical designs, schematics, and other drawings.
- Use electrical diagnostic tools
- Must have or the ability to carry the relevant state license
- Associates degree preferred
- Must be able and willing to work varying schedules which may include nights, weekends, and public holidays.
- Must be able and willing to work overtime.
- Must be able to frequently bend; twist; reach; stoop; kneel or crouch.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds/23 kilos on a daily continuous basis. Anything heavier will be done with the assistance of a mechanical device or with the assistance of another employee.
EnerSys provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. EEO/Minority/Female/Vets/Disabled