Are you looking for a company that empowers talent?
This internship supports business processes, solution of technical issues, development of new methodologies, procedures, tools, and products with their theoretical and/or practical know how and understanding. Supporting the Business Strategy and Development and Sales Enablement/Marketing functions for Siemens Grid Software. You will support interpretation and application of procedures, analyze issues, implement changes, and may advise and guide operational positions in their area of specialism.
Here at Siemens, we take pride in enabling sustainable progress through technology. We do this through empowering customers by combining the real and digital worlds. Improving how we live, work, and move today and for the next generation!
As the Grid Software Intern, you will:
- Prepare presentations, reports, statistical charts, and briefings.
- Analyze strategic or operational tasks, in assigned functional area.
- Gather, analyzes, and evaluates relevant data, and provides comprehensive reports and decision memos.
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources.
- Create presentations, reports, statistical charts, briefings and communicates results to various internal and/or external stakeholders (e.g. management, customers).
- Assist in integration of new office technologies and systems as appropriate.
- Maintain confidentiality of all sensitive or proprietary information.
- Work is routine and procedure based but changing priorities or differing situations are encountered on a regular basis. Thinking is focused on analyzing, evaluating, prioritizing, and solving operational issues and incidents or on optimizing tools used in processes.
You will make impact if you have the following qualifications:
- Attend school in New York State, Minnesota or North Carolina.
- Minimum of year 2 or sophomore status at a University with a BS degree planned in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering. Masters or PHD candidates with two years of school remaining can also apply.
- Ability to work 40 hours a week during summer and longer holiday breaks while working minimum of 20 hours per week during school session.
- Work will require a home office setting with broadband internet access.
What’s in it for you?
This internship will allow you to work with highly experienced & respective experts in the Energy industry who have developed the software, products, and services that operate within the Electrical Utility Industry. If you have an interest in making a lasting impact on improving the global environment, this internship is the place for you!
Find out how Siemens Grid Software is decoding the future of energy and what part you can play: https://sie.ag/DecodingTheFutureOfEnergyApplicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without the need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Full / Part time: Part-time temporary
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.