Are you looking for a company that empowers talent?
Here at Siemens, we take pride in enabling sustainable progress through technology. We do this through empowering customers by combining the real and digital worlds. Improving how we live, work, and move today and for the next generation!
From Day 1, you are empowered to create an impact with your full potential and creativity to make a difference for tomorrow.
We truly have an inclusive and diverse team culture where you can be yourself.
Our extensive global presence offers a diverse range of career opportunities across various industries, nations, and job domains, empowering our workforce to continuously enhance their skills and stay competitive.
Create a better tomorrow with us!
Electrification and Automation (EA)
Headquartered in Wendell, NC, the Electrification and Automation (EA) Business Unit offers the full range of energy distribution systems and solutions for all markets and through all sgales channels. We provide reliable power distribution grids of today while investing into our Future Grids portfolio to create the power distribution grid of the future.
- The onsite workforce is approximately 300 office and production employees
- The EHS Specialist efforts are to primarily advocate for a Zero Harm safety culture and protection of the Environment
- The position reports to the Business Unit EHS Manager
As the Safety Specialist, you will:
- Work with production staff to create and maintain job safety analyses (JSA)
- Maintain and improve safe work practices in support of ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 with the ability to identify and provide technical guidance on EHS topics, e.g.: ergonomics, risk assessments, JSA, chemical inventory, inspections, non-standard work
- Tracking and assisting with corrective action status
- Improve employee EHS awareness through coaching, training
- Learning management system (LMS) Administrator – maintain/create course content, curriculums and reporting KPI
- Improve environmental performance, required permitting and obligations
- Administrative support of vendors, procurement of resource materials (PO’s)
You will make impact if you have the following qualifications:
- Degree in related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 4+ years’ experience in a technical EHS role focusing on Safety and Environmental Compliance
- Working knowledge of EPA and OSHA regulations and industry EHS standards
- Administrative knowledge of LMS (learning Management System)
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and analytical skills
- Effective critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong writing capabilities, especially with writing clear, concise EHS procedures
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to manage multiple projects/tasks.
- Travel not expected
- Experience with ISO 14001, ISO 45001
- Working knowledge of NC DEQ regulations
- Experience with electrical safety & factory operations
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Wellness Program
- Flexible Time off or Generous paid – time off depending on position level
Click here to learn more about our extensive benefits offerings.
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If you are a people-person who loves the rewarding challenge of building a brand, we want to hear from you. If so, we'd like to meet you!
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.