Working at Atlassian
Atlassians can choose where they work – whether in an office, from home, or a combination of the two. That way, Atlassians have more control over supporting their family, personal goals, and other priorities. We can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
We are the UI Platform Developer Experience team and you will be reporting to the engineering manager. Atlassian is looking for a Software Engineer to design our web frontend systems and tools that help our product teams to deliver great user experiences. Your daily work will help our fellow Atlassian engineers work more productively, deliver effortlessly, and your decisions will improve Atlassian's overall product quality. We're looking for passionate engineers interested in building and building core Mobile app systems, components and tooling. Someone who cares about customer feedback (our customers are Atlassian engineers) and strives for the best developer experience.What you'll do:-
- This team builds the tools hundreds of Mobile engineers use daily to ship high-quality work. You'll contribute to a core piece of the Atlassian developer experience and touch every aspect of the development lifecycle ranging from faster development environments, code integrations, improving developer experience, ensuring high code quality and more.
- Our team plays a crucial role in the Atlassian platform and developer productivity strategy. You will build guidelines, setting standards and toolings to be applied to the mobile code and changes done at scale.
- 7+ years of experience building large-scale Mobile applications.
- Proficient in Kotlin and Java programming languages.
- Proficiency in Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices.
- Experience with Android Studio, Gradle build tool, Git, and other development tools.
- Experience with testing frameworks such as J Unit, Espresso, and Robo electric.
- Experience debugging problems across systems/repositories and designing solutions that scale and span the whole stack.
- Experience with Multithreading and concurrency.
- System mindset that considers edge cases, observability, error handling, and integration across external systems.
- Grow when working with internal engineer customers and have a deep empathy/ on solving fellow engineer's problems.
- Work with a cross geo-graphical teams to lead the outcome.
- Experience working on platform teams.
- Bundling and CI-CD experience.
- Package managers and tooling.
- Bash/shell script experience.
- React Native exposure.
- Knowledge of open-source libraries and frameworks (e.g. for logging, wiring, testing, and building)
- Industry experience with public cloud offerings (e.g., AWS, Google App Engine, Azure)
Our perks & benefits
Atlassian offers a variety of perks and benefits to support you, your family and to help you engage with your local community. Our offerings include health coverage, paid volunteer days, wellness resources, and so much more. Visit go.atlassian.com/perksandbenefits to learn more.
At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team. Our software products help teams all over the planet and our solutions are designed for all types of work. Team collaboration through our tools makes what may be impossible alone, possible together.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To provide you the best experience, we can support with accommodations or adjustments at any stage of the recruitment process. Simply inform our Recruitment team during your conversation with them.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, visit go.atlassian.com/crh.
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on PowerToFly. Let us know if this job is closed.
We're connecting diverse talent to big career moves. Meeting people who boost your career is hard - yet networking is key to growth and economic empowerment. We’re here to support you - within your current workplace or somewhere new. Upskill, join daily virtual events, apply to roles (it’s free!).
Are you hiring? Join our platform for diversifiying your team