Senior Software Engineer, Data Delivery
You will be part of the growing global Data Delivery team. The team is part of the Financial Markets division and is responsible for aggregating data from different sources in and outside of S&P Global that is ultimately delivered to external customers. Our services must be available, scalable, fast, and reliable. To achieve this, we are making use of messaging technologies and in-memory caching for large data sets.
We are focusing on the following delivery channels:
- Web Applications
We cover approximately 85TB of data and are adding more than 1TB per week.
You will work in a development team that builds and maintains feed handlers that integrate global exchange data from an aggregator into the Data Delivery platform. In this role you will work with people across different time zones and locations and will be responsible for implementing high performance exchange data feed handlers.
Data Delivery’s development teams practice Agile for managing product development. Developers in the scrum teams are responsible for delivering potentially shippable increments and spans all areas of the development process. The role includes work on data modelling, architecture design, business logic, deployment, release management, infrastructure as a service, requirements gathering, user interface design and quality assurance.
Data Delivery has implemented a continuous integration process and continuous delivery process. It is a unique and challenging role that calls for a strong passion for quality and technology, while providing an immense opportunity to design and develop wide-reaching code. As a member of the scrum team, you will analyze business requirements and scenarios, then translate them into a robust design, code base and quality assured production service.
You will work together with highly experienced professionals, who value the success of the company and its entrepreneurial culture. The team uses an agile development process, which includes test-driven development, continuous integration and delivery, and a highly iterative release cycle.
The team carefully selects and extends its toolset to improve productivity. Tools which are currently in use include Java 8, Guice, JUnit, Gradle, Maven, TeamCity, GIT, AWS, Kafka, MongoDB, Ignite, JIRA and Confluence.
- Design, build, maintain and improve data models, business logic, the continuous integration and delivery process, user interfaces, functional and non-functional tests
- Optimize use of cloud infrastructure
- Work closely with stakeholders to gather, clarify and document requirements where necessary
- Instrument the software to produce operational metrics
Minimum and Preferred Experience/Skills:
- Fluency in English, spoken and written
- Master’s degree in computer science
- Over 10+ years of experience as a software development engineer with proven experience in agile and continuous delivery
- In-depth technical background in implementing object-oriented systems
- In-depth understanding in design and implementation of functional and non-functional test strategies, including related frameworks and tools
- Solid understanding of JSON, web services (REST)
- Solid understanding of low-level web architectures and microservices
- Knowledge of MongoDB and SQL are a big plus
- Experience with Ansible, Puppet, AWS EC2, AWS ECS, Consul, Docker, Kubernetes or Mesos is a big plus
- Experience of one or more of scripting and build automation tools (Ant, Perl, Shell, Python, Maven, Gradle, Groovy) is a plus
- Technical requirements gathering where knowledge of financial markets and affinity with numbers are considered a plus
- Experience with Spark, Kafka, Ignite or Hadoop are advantageous
- Familiarity with the financial services industry is advantageous
- Develops solutions for identified internal and or external business challenges; recommends product, process, or service improvements
- Requires depth and specialized breadth of expertise in own area and knowledge of related areas
- Communicates complex concepts; anticipates potential objections and influences senior leaders to adopt a different point of view
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely on all levels (team, management, and customers)
- Provides guidance, support and advice to team members as required
We pride ourselves on our agility and diversity, and we welcome requests to work flexibly. For most roles, flexible hours and/or an element of remote working are usually possible. Please talk to us at interview about the type of arrangement that is best for you. We will always try to be adaptable wherever we can.
Return to Work:
Have you taken time out for caring responsibilities and are now looking to return to work? As part of our Return-to-Work initiative, we are encouraging enthusiastic and talented returners to apply, and will actively support your return to the workplace.
About Company Statement:
S&P Global Market Intelligence partners with customers to broaden their perspective and operate with confidence by bringing them leading data sources and technologies that embed insight in their daily work.
For more information, visit www.spglobal.com
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
US Candidates Only: The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
Job ID: R30758
Posted On: 2023-04-20
Location: Amsterdam, North Holland, Netherlands