• Design and develop automation/performance solutions that meet organization standards and build reliable, reusable and maintainable automated regression suites & test harnesses
• Create tools and frameworks with quality code to simplify testing scenarios.
• Design and develop test plans, test cases based upon functional and design specifications, execute test cases and analyze and report test results to the teams
• Work in partnership with the development teams to deliver business functionality on time with required quality that meets the acceptance criteria
• Acts as a test lead, planning the work of other testing staff and assigning tasks to meet project deadlines.
• Uses strong testing skills to provide guidance and assist project staff
• Reviews and approves the work of project team members in the writing of scripts, expected results, test results and defect descriptions. Ensures best practices are followed and testing activities stay on schedule.
• Focus on building efficient solutions for Web, Services/APIs, Database testing requirements.
• Participate in internal/cross team meetings, project scoping, functional reviews, test specifications, technical reviews for assigned projects in an Agile environment
• Involved in requirements review and participate in architecture/design reviews with an emphasis on test automation/performance strategy and ensuring best practices
• Participate actively in functional, system and regression testing activities
• Capture quality assurance data and metrics to provide insights and conclusions
• Estimate and perform risk analysis for quality delivery
• Agile evangelist
• 8+ years of software testing experience in all phases of testing including test planning ,test execution and test closure
• Excellent understanding of QA and testing methodologies, best practices
• 5+ years of experience as an Automation QA Tester
• 5+ years of experience creating, maintaining, and executing automation tests utilizing tools such as UFT, Tricentis Tosca, Selenium required (Python preferred)
• 5+ Years of experience in Agile processes (Scrum preferred)
• Experience of working with SOAP and REST service and understanding of SOA architecture
• Experience creating and maintaining automation frameworks preferred
• Experience using SQL to query databases required
• Exposure to distributed source control systems such as Git
• Experience with test data management techniques
• Experience with change management and defect tracking tools
• Zeal to be domain expert and learn new technologies
• Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills and written communications
• High standards of confidentiality; ability to handle sensitive information with integrity and trust
• Knowledge of cloud technologies like AWS/Azure and experience of testing micro-services, containers, Dockers is preferred
Minimum and Preferred Education
• Bachelor's or higher qualification in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent is preferred
Minimum and Preferred Experience/Skills
• 8+ years of relevant experience with Bachelor's degree or higher qualification
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
US Candidates Only: The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
Job ID: 284629
Posted On: 2023-04-20
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada