SpecialtiesForeign Exchange Settlement, Risk Mitigation, FX, Cross currency swaps, Processing, Same day settlement, Finance, Aggregation, CLSMarketData, Data, Post-trade , OTC Derivatives, CLSSameday, FX volume data, CLSMarketData, CLSTradeMonitor, CLSSettlement, Forex, FinTech, Settlement, CLSNow, CLSReporting, FX Volume, FX Pricing, FX Forecast, FX Order Flow, CLSSameday, Banks, FX Global Code, Financial services, and FXalternativedata
CLS is the trusted party at the centre of the global FX ecosystem. Utilized by thousands of counterparties, CLS makes FX safer, smoother and more cost effective. Trillions of dollars’ worth of currency flows through our systems each day.
Created by the market for the market, our unrivalled global settlement infrastructure reduces systemic risk and provides standardization for participants in many of the world’s most actively traded currencies. We deliver huge efficiencies and savings for our clients: in fact, our approach to multilateral netting shrinks funding requirements by over 96% on average, so clients can put their capital and resources to better use.
CLS products are designed to enable clients to manage risk most effectively across the full FX lifecycle – whether through more efficient processing tools or market intelligence derived from the largest single source of FX executed data available to the market.
Our ambition to make a positive difference starts with our people. Our values – Protect, Improve, Grow – underpin everything that we do at CLS and define and shape a supportive and inclusive working environment in which everyone is encouraged to be open and forward-thinking.
The Cyber Security Analyst is responsible for providing technical security advice, guidance, design and operations in support of Security Operations with an emphasis on cloud based deployments. The role will require an understanding of relevant security threats, assessing effectiveness of current controls, identifying opportunities for improvement and delivering new and enhanced security controls. Security solutions will consider people, process and technology to deliver fully operationalized solutions with well-defined metrics that measure and ensure effectiveness on an ongoing basis. Additionally, effective and efficient operation and maintenance of technical IT Security controls is considerable.
Essential Function / major duties and responsibilities of the job
· As part of the IT Security team, develop and implement CLS IT Strategy in consultation with the CLS IT teams, ensuring that all initiatives are mirrored in respective strategies including the overall CLS Strategy
· Provide security advice and support for information technology projects
· Research new security related products and services to ensure that CLS is equipped with appropriate industry best tools and solutions
· Operate and maintain IT Security controls related to SIEM, DLP, Vulnerability Management, Cyber Threat Intelligence, Endpoint Protection, etc with an emphasis on cloud deployments and implementations.
· Conduct IT Security risk assessments for all high impact projects, defining security mitigating controls that impact the technology architectures of CLS, service providers, and business partners
· Support 24 x 7 Security Monitoring and Response on a 1/8 rotation
· Review and update IT Security procedures to reflect best practice and mitigate current and emerging threats
· Assigned ownership of IT Security Monitoring and Response related FRB and Internal Audit finding(s) and effective / timely resolution with IT Security
· Maintain relationships with all third-party IT security vendors and strategic partners
§ Individual contributor whilst also being a team enabler
§ Execute IT Security Operations team’s vision and mission in alignment with the overall IT Security vision and mission, as well as with CLS’s strategic direction
§ Through example and behavior, strive to provide peer leadership to other team members with the goal of being excellent service providers and enablers to other constituencies (both internal and external)
Experience / essential and desired for successful job performance
- 1-2 years ‘hands-on’ IT Security analysis and engineering experience including securing systems, networks and infrastructure; operational support.
- Interest in intrusion detection, malware analysis, forensics and/or incident response, particularly in cloud environments.
- Monitor, tune and develop technical IT Security controls and frameworks to ensure appropriate preparation, monitoring and response to threats
- Ensure a risk-based approach to IT Security is adopted in every part of the business and solutions
- Work with members of the IT Security team to help design, implement and maintain security
- Prepare for, identify (hunt) and remediate cyber threats
- Operate and maintain IT Security controls related to SIEM, DLP, Vulnerability Management, Cyber Threat Intelligence, Endpoint Protection, etc.
- Deliver IT Security projects from concept, approval, design, and implementation to operation
- Ability to collaborate effectively with others to drive forward key security objectives
- Strong documentation and report writing skills (to both technical and business audiences)
- Excellent time management and organizational skills combined with technical IT Security acumen
- Familiarity of Firewalls, TCP/IP, IPS, DLP, proxies, SIEM, & Endpoint Protection software
Our commitment to employees
At CLS, we celebrate diversity and consider this to be one of our strongest assets. We are committed to fostering an environment in which everyone feels comfortable to be who they are, and inclusion is valued. All employees have access to our inclusive benefits, including:
- Holiday - UK/Asia: 25 holiday days and 3 ‘life days’ (in addition to bank holidays). US: 23 holiday days.
- 2 paid volunteer days so that you can actively support causes within your community that are important to you.
- Generous parental leave policies to ensure you can enjoy valuable time with your family.
- Parental transition coaching programmes and support services.
- Wellbeing and mental health support resources to ensure you are looking after yourself, and able to support others.
- Affinity Groups (including our Women’s Forum, Black Employee Network and Pride Network) in support of our organisational commitment to embrace and always be learning more about DE&I.
- Hybrid working to promote a healthy work/life balance, enabling employees to work collaboratively in the office when needed and work from home when they don’t.
- Active support of flexible working for all employees where possible.
- Monthly ‘Heads Down Days’ with no meetings across the whole company.
- Generous non-contributory pension provision for UK/Asia employees, and 401K match from CLS for US employees.
- Private medical insurance and dental coverage.
- Social events that give you opportunities to meet new people and broaden your network across the organisation.
- Annual flu vaccinations.
- Discounts and savings and cashback across a wide range of categories including health and retail for UK employees.
- Discounted Gym membership – Complete Body Gym Discount/Sweat equity program for US employees.
- All employees have access to Discover – our comprehensive learning platform with 1000+ courses from LinkedIn Learning.
- Access to frequent development sessions on a number of topics to help you be successful and develop your career at CLS.