Freddie Mac makes home possible for millions of families and individuals by providing mortgage capital to lenders. Benefits include:
At Freddie Mac, you will do important work to build a better housing finance system and you’ll be part of a team helping to make homeownership and rental housing more accessible and affordable across the nation.
The Credit Risk Transfer group is responsible for transferring Freddie Mac’s single family mortgage credit risk to the private market. The CRT team achieves its goal through a suite of innovative offerings, including ACIS (Agency Credit Insurance Structure) and STACR (Structured Agency Credit Risk). We are seeking a Senior to join the CRT transaction team focused on the ACIS reinsurance offering!Our Impact:
Freddie Mac's ACIS program is the largest active credit insurance offering in the reinsurance space. The program has transferred over $30B in mortgage credit risk since the inception of the program in 2013.Your Impact:
- Strategy: Understand CRT’s strategic goals, continuously develop necessary knowledge and skills, and provide relevant solutions. Be a member of the team to improve the ACIS platform to align with evolving business strategies
- Execution: Support ACIS transactions, with a focus on execution efficiency, achieving reasonable economic results and improving market participation.
- Relationship management: Maintain and grow our external relationships with brokers and reinsurance markets.
- Deal Analytics: Analyzing and reporting on deal economics and recommending enhancements to structures based on financial analysis.
- College degree or equivalent experience
- 5-7 years of experience in the secondary mortgage industry or reinsurance industry
- Ability to effectively communicate to senior management, external parties and project teams
- Financial analysis/structuring experience
- Preferred: Credit Risk Transfer experience. Reinsurance industry experience. Familiarity with mortgage insurance products. Familiarity with GSE regulatory capital regime. Proficient in working with large datasets using SAS, SQL, R or other relevant tools
- Actively engage and learn from team members to get up to speed on our suite of CRT products
- Meet with various initiative partners to understand project goals and challenges
- Ability to work and set goals independently
- Attention to detail
Current Freddie Mac employees please apply through the internal career site.
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with differing abilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC.Time-type:Full timeFLSA Status:Exempt
Freddie Mac offers a comprehensive total rewards package to include competitive compensation and market-leading benefit programs. Information on these benefit programs is available on our Careers site.This position has an annualized market-based salary range of $118,000 - $178,000 and is eligible to participate in the annual incentive program. The final salary offered will generally fall within this range and is dependent on various factors including but not limited to the responsibilities of the position, experience, skill set, internal pay equity and other relevant qualifications of the applicant.