The Material Handling Operator is responsible for executing material movements, controls and processing as part of a dedicated warehouse team supporting the Gas Chromatograph and Integration (GCI) manufacturing business in Houston, TX. This position is expected to cross-train in all material process functions to best support operational requirements as assigned and to actively engage in applicable SAP transitions.
- Perform SAP transactions as applicable to material movements, controls and accountability
- Prioritize workflow demand and document process progress
- Communicate with demand partners through various Microsoft platforms (Outlook, SharePoint, Teams, etc.)
- Apply provided work instructions as required to support material movements and delivery to internal / external customers
- Organize and prioritize material movement tasks according to general instructions
- Ship, receive, put away, pick, kit, pack or ship material as assigned
- Drive/operate forklift and other equipment as required
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3 years vocational training or 3 years practical experience needed
- ERP material movement experience
- Lift objects up to 35lbs on occasion (bend, reach, walk, stand for extended periods)
- Climbing ladders
- 0% travel required
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- 3 years vocational training and 3 years practical experience
- SAP MM module transaction experience
- Leadership and/or administrative experience
- Current forklift operation training/certificate
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.