Are you looking for a company that empowers talent?
Here at Siemens, we take pride in enabling sustainable progress through technology. We do this through empowering customers by combining the real and digital worlds. Improving how we live, work, and move today and for the next generation!
From Day 1, you are empowered to create an impact with your full potential and creativity to make a difference for tomorrow.
We truly have an inclusive and diverse team culture where you can be yourself.
Our extensive global presence offers a diverse range of career opportunities across various industries, nations, and job domains, empowering our workforce to continuously enhance their skills and stay competitive.
Create a better tomorrow with us!
Siemens Smart Infrastructure is seeking a Field Service Engineer for our Electrification Automation (EA) Business Unit headquartered in Wendell, NC. The EA Business Unit has a diverse portfolio of products including photovoltaic inverters, medium-voltage power distribution equipment including packaging and services, and solutions, including automation.
- Specifically looking for candidate(s) experienced with power distribution system equipment – low and medium (480V-38kV)
- Responsibilities include installation, testing, commissioning, and start-up of LV and MV equipment. Responsibilities may also include troubleshooting, maintenance, training, and consulting.
- Flexibility on location possible depending on travel amount
- This is a hands-on field, travel type position. The travel - up to 80% - could be national depending on site locations.
- This position may be called on to support Greenfield & Brownfield unit installations and commissioning activities throughout Siemens/ USA.
- This position may be hired at a lower level than posted if the candidate's experience warrants.
You will make impact if you have the following qualifications:
- High School or GED minimum, other relevant skills and experience required
- 4+ years of directly related equipment experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of power distribution systems required
- Must have experience with low and medium voltage Switchgear
- Knowledge and/or experience with breakers or high voltage equipment testing, including analyzing test results and equipment condition assessment
- Must have experience in troubleshooting & repair of electrical control circuits
- Must have exceptionally good organizational skills to plan work scope, personnel, and equipment logistics
- Must have effective verbal and written communication skills, as well as good presentation skills
- Must be available to respond for emergency and relief assignments.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite, especially Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Must be familiar with OSHA (Operation & Support Hazard Analysis) safety practices and perform duties within specified guidelines to ensure safety of self and supporting crew
- Must be highly motivated and a team player; must foster an inclusive work environment and respect all aspects of diversity
- Individuals must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
- Individuals must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering preferred
- 3-5 years field service experience preferred
- Experience with protection and control relays
- Experience with project management software
- Experience with High Voltage Circuit breakers
- Knowledge and/or experience with SF6 Gas circuit breakers
- MSHA 46/48, OSHA 30, NFPA 70E
- TWIC card
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Wellness Program
Click here to learn more about our extensive benefits offerings.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.