Are you looking for a company that empowers talent?
Here at Siemens, we take pride in enabling sustainable progress through technology. We do this through empowering customers by combining the real and digital worlds. Improving how we live, work, and move today and for the next generation!
From Day 1, you are empowered to create an impact with your full potential and creativity to make a difference for tomorrow.
We truly have an inclusive and diverse team culture where you can be yourself.
Our extensive global presence offers a diverse range of career opportunities across various industries, nations, and job domains, empowering our workforce to continuously enhance their skills and stay competitive.
Create a better tomorrow with us!
Electrification and Automation (EA)
Headquartered in Wendell, NC, the Electrification and Automation (EA) Business Unit offers the full range of energy distribution systems and solutions for all markets and through all sales channels. We provide reliable power distribution grids of today while investing into our Future Grids portfolio to create the power distribution grid of the future.
The EA Business Unit is looking for a Manufacturing Engineering / Operations Excellence Manager for our Wendell, NC facility. This individual will drive continuous improvement and optimization of all manufacturing activities in our rapidly growing business environment. They will lead a team driving change, implementing new processes and introducing best practices to dramatically transform the plant for future success.
As the Manufacturing Engineering / Operations Excellence Manager, you will:
- Plan, organize and direct all manufacturing engineering activities in an active, growing and evolving plant
- Manage numerous new product start-up and transfer programs
- Implement improvements to manufacturing processes, targeting to achieve the highest process and quality standards, utilizing lean principles and key capital investments
- Embrace Industry 4.0 and identify and implement opportunities continuously
- Development of technology roadmaps for a range of automation and digitalization programs
- Facilitate the creation and completion of key projects for the plant to support business strategic initiatives
- Allocate resources effectively and fully utilize assets to produce optimal results
- Drive productivity improvement programs, focusing on cost optimization
- Develop a continuous improvement roadmap with a focus on improving safety, quality, on-time delivery, inventory, and productivity for each value stream
- Share a trusting relationship with workgroup and recruit, manage and develop a highly engaged team
You will make impact if you have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree (Mechanical / Industrial Engineering)
- 5+ years’ experience in Operations and Manufacturing Engineering Management
- Relevant experience utilizing and implementing lean methods and tools such as 5s, 7 Types of Waste (Muda), root cause analysis and corrective actions, Yamazumi Methods, Kanban, Value Stream Mapping / Process Flow Diagrams, and Lean Shop Floor Management Model.
- Familiarity with industry standard equipment and technical expertise
- Computer literacy, SAP and Salesforce experience preferred
- Six Sigma / Lean certification desired
- Ability to create accountability and to lead by example
- Strong team building, decision-making and people management skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Great communication skills with the ability to influence others and move towards a common vision.
- Experience with managing change in an organization
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Wellness Program
- Flexible Time off or Generous paid – time off depending on position level
Click here to learn more about our extensive benefits offerings.
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so, we'd like to meet you!
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.