At Stryker we are dedicated to improving lives, with a passion for researching and developing new medical device products. As an engineer at Stryker, you will be proud of the work that you will be doing, using cutting-edge technologies to make healthcare better. Here, you will work in a supportive culture with other incredibly talented and intelligent people, creating industry-leading medical technology products. You will also have growth opportunities as we have a culture that supports your personal and professional development.
Need another reason to apply? Check out these 8 reasons to join Stryker's engineering team: https://www.strykercareersblog.com/post/8-reasons-to-join-strykers-engineering-team
What we are looking for
Detail-oriented process improvers. Critical thinkers who naturally see opportunities to develop and optimize work processes – finding ways to simplify, standardize and automate.
Strategic thinkers. People who enjoy analyzing data or trends for planning, forecasting, advising, budgeting, reporting, or sales opportunities.
Collaborative partners. People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, data and insights to drive continuous improvements across the business.
What you will do
As our future Senior Staff Engineer, Process Excellence you will drive process improvement initiatives for our distribution network. Bringing your expertise, you will be our key player for process improvement, data capture and analysis, infrastructure support, tool ownership and compliance with procedures, etc.
In order to be successful on this role, you have experience working with concepts and principles of Lean.
What you will do
- Partner in the development, modification and improvement of the overall Stryker distribution network, the Europe physical footprint, procedures, policies, processes, and the development of new services to increase external and internal customer satisfaction and lower overall costs.
- Support a culture of continuous improvement, accountability, and performance throughout the organization and the EMEA logistics operations organization thru coaching and value stream mapping.
- Identifies logistics needs to support growth of the business while developing and implementing new logistics models.
- Identifies best practices and trends in the marketplace, leading to the implementation of innovative ideas that drive progress and continuous improvement.
- Proactively recommend and drive process improvements across all functions to continuously improve SOP’s and WI’s with the intent to improve overall quality, throughput and / or efficiency.
- Promotes compliance with Stryker values and ethics.
- Support development of operational KPI’s to proactively identify possible bottlenecks or disruptions that can jeopardize the flow of goods.
- Support reporting and periodic highlights on all key metrics related to service levels, total costs, freight costs, trade compliance etc. to all relevant stakeholders within region of responsibility.
- Support of divisional and customer requirements and standards.
- Drive implementation of MDI (Managing Daily Improvement) and a culture of continuous improvement thru training and coaching on root cause problem solving and lean methodologies.
- Work together with the Process Owners to ensure all processes are documented in both Standard Operating Procedures and Working Instructions.
- Drive standardization in the business processes
- Ensure alignment across functions, departments and Divisions on applicable SOP’s and WI’s.
- Coordinate process improvements with related operators, continuous improvement specialists and process leadership
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of quality system regulations and standards and use this information in advising the business.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's / graduate degree in Engineering, Materials Management, Life Sciences, Business Engineering, or equivalent is required.
- Formal training in (and experience with) Lean, Process Excellence, Six Sigma tools, etc.
- 4+ years of experience in Supply Chain, Engineering, Logistics, Operations or related fields are required.
- 2+ years of experience ideally as Data/Business Analuyst for the distribution, logistics, manufacturing and/or supply chain sector .
- Technical knowledge in data analysis tools (e.g., Excel, SQL, Tableau)
- Exposure to Logistics software (e.g., Warehouse Management Systems, Transportation Management Systems)
- Knowledge of process mapping tools (e.g., Visio) and optimization methodologies like Six Sigma or Lean
- Well versed in Microsoft Office tools including Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, Visio or other flow charting software and/or Microsoft Project (or similar).
- Experience with International Standards (e.g. ISO / FDA).
- Fluency in English.
- A post-graduate qualification in Engineering, warehousing, Logistics or Operations.
- APICS certification is highly preferred.
- Medical device standards and regulatory needs.
- Leading and managing multiple projects.
- Business Process Analysis.
- Strong knowledge of IT systems & tools and their implications for business processes (Oracle and SAP preferred).
- Fluency in a second (European) language is a plus.
Who you are
- You are innovative and support new ideas.
- You have a strong ability to analyze complex situations and develop and recommend solutions.
- You demonstrate agility and desire to learn and adjust priorities.
- You have strong analytical and quantitative skills, and the ability to analyze financial results and develop an ROI.
- You are a team player who effectively connects, collaborates, and fosters an inclusive environment.
What do we offer in return?
We grow talent; we give you the opportunity to develop your career based on your strengths. Stryker is a career destination for engaged passionate and talented people who are driven to seek the innovation, growth and opportunity that only we offer.
- Flat hierarchies and responsibility: through flat hierarchies, we strengthen the initiative and willingness of our employees to take over responsible tasks.
- Team spirit & engagement: we create engaged and inclusive teams that encourage colleagues to share their diverse perspectives and opinions.
- Recognition of your performance: at our company, outstanding individual and cross-functional team performance is rewarded. Ideas, projects, or other exceptional achievements can be submitted for various awards on a local and global level.
- Competitive salary: with us, you will receive a competitive remuneration package, benefits as well as a pension plan.
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better.
The company offers innovative products and services in Medical and Surgical, Neurotechnology, Orthopedics, and Spine that help improve patient and healthcare outcomes. Alongside its customers around the world, Stryker impacts more than 100 million patients annually.
More information is available at stryker.com