Siemens Large Drives is seeking a Finance Commercial Project Manager (CPM) to be responsible for commercial aspects related to customer contracts—from the sales handover phase to execution to project completion. Responsibilities encompass financial controlling, performance measurement, planning, forecasting, reporting and SAP entry. The CPM partners with the Project Manager in all other areas where a takeover of responsibilities is decided and/or a useful contribution. The CPM will also partner with Customers, Suppliers, Project Managers/ Engineers, Sales, Procurement, Legal, other Commercial Project Managers, regional and national Finance colleagues, and internal and external Auditors—as well as the Siemens Financial Services Division (the Siemens entity that offers financing solutions to clients).Responsibilities:
- Ensure compliance with Levels of Authority approval guidelines for commercial aspects, e.g. risk management process.
- Ensure quality of all commercial and administration project policies per Siemens guidelines.
- Ensure an adequate handover phase, analyze customer requirements, and examine their commercial and contractual feasibility and transferability.
- Ensure accurate financial project set-up including work breakdown structure (WBS) in line with agreed project budget and company internal contractual arrangements.
- Partnering with the Project Manager in leading and optimizing targeted financial results with due professional care (e.g. project gross profit, cash flow, assets, and financing instruments).
- Perform financial planning, forecasting, controlling, reconciliation of project cash flow, and constant deviation analysis. Ensure data integrity between SAP and other financial reporting tools.
- Set up financial performance plan for the project based on the planned delivery schedule for the offered scope during the sales phase and manage it throughout the project execution phase.
- Set up and closely supervise revenue recognition: actual vs plan, degree of completion, cost to complete, total forecasted costs vs planned. Ensure full compliance of revenue and cost recognition with Siemens accounting policies under US-GAAP / IFRS, as well as overall compliance with internal controls, like export control, signature authorities.
- Partner with the responsible Project Manager on change management issues (variations) relating to the scope of the project. Acquire verification and approval of variations prior to submittal to the customer ensuring appropriate costing and pricing in accordance with PM @Siemens Guidelines.
- Partner with the Project Manager in identifying, evaluating, and assessing risks & opportunities, strategies, and response activities. Constantly assess risks& opportunities and their impact either in the risk register and/or in the gross margin while proposing measures to prevent negative margin slippage due to risks that could have been avoided.
- Implement and drive measures together with the Project Manager to leverage opportunities to improve the project performance, e.g. through claims and variation management. Support Project Manager to ensure Project Quality based on Siemens guidelines and achievement of project goals.
- Provide ownership of the timely issuing of invoices with a strong focus on managing Account Receivables and project cash flow.
- Drive Procurement together with the Project Manager by involving the responsible purchasing representative to ensure that the purchase orders are based on the best available bids and are within the set budget.
- Ensure consistent terms and conditions with suppliers/subcontractors in line with the end-customer contract.
- Coordinate other contractual requirements (e.g., performance guarantees, insurances, taxes, sureties) to achieve contract commitments.
- Actively connect with customers’ commercial representatives and manage resolution of commercial issues.
- Influence team to take positive action and assume accountability for assigned work.
- Regularly perform lessons-learned activities on commercial aspects and feed results into own project lessons-learned activities and into own organization.
- Drive interpersonal relationships, champion effective communication, and manage conflicts.
- Required education: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related field preferred
- Siemens CPM Certified
- Local Hybrid is preferred – Remote is an option
- Required travel: 10% if local. 25% if remote
- Required experience: 5+ years of work experience in commercial project controlling and/or project controlling, especially with large, sophisticated projects.
- Other requirements:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Must have strong verbal and written skills in English.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States, and will not require employer-sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- Proficiency with related SAP modules.
- Proficiency in Tableau and Power BI a plus.
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.Why you’ll love working at Siemens
- Competitive compensation (salary and bonus) based on qualifications
- Medical, dental, prescription and vision coverage, first day of employment
- Matching 401(k) (immediate employer match)
- Competitive paid time off plan, paid holidays, and floating holidays
- Career development opportunities
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Flexibility to work remote a few days a week
- Paid parental leave
Who designs your future? You do.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Large Drives LLC
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.