- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience leading consumer electronic product designs, including multiple domains such as product features, applications or patents.
- 3 years of experience as a people manager in the engineering field to grow the organization, develop talents and drive process improvements.
- 10 years of experience in consumer handheld/wearable product development with the leading integration of multiple domains such as mechanical, electrical, RF, sensor, and software.
- Understanding of mechanical engineering tools and processes, such as TA, FEA, Moldflow, NUDDs, FMEA, DFM and Reliability testing.
- Understanding of the hardware product development process, from concept to manufacturing at Contract Manufacturers (CM).
- Ability to communicate with cross-functional teams, collaborate to achieve project goals, contribute to the engineering community, and influence decision makers across the organization.
As an Engineering Manager, Hardware Product Design, you will develop and guide a team of Mechanical/Product Design Engineers and related disciplines. You will build a close, collaborative relationship with Google Industrial Design team to create excellent, functional concepts and develop them into consumer products.
In this role, you will influence product direction and hardware architecture, and ensure the team has access to the right training, tools, and best practices to build reliable, scalable systems. You will work with cross-functional subject matter experts and product management to identify strategic technologies and processes for research.
Fitbit’s wide range of innovative products, including smartwatches, trackers, and a smart scale, help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration, and guidance to reach their health and fitness goals. Coupled with our leading software and Fitbit Premium, our immersive platform experience delivers personalized experiences, insights, and guidance to support our users’ health and wellness. Fitbit’s mission has always been to help make everyone in the world healthier and now, as part of Google we’ll be able to make health even more accessible to everyone.
- Manage and guide multiple product mechanical design engineers, from concept through mass production and take project hardware lead in device development projects.
- Ensure the success and development of individuals by defining clear expectations, providing timely and specific feedback, and holding them accountable.
- Provide technical oversight of the work done by the team and ensure adoption of best practices to create robust and desirable products.
- Build consensus among cross-functional teams and influence executive-level decisions. Communicate technical concepts to cross-functional leaders.
- Develop a collaborative and inclusive team, identify product issues and drive systematic corrective actions with our Component, Manufacturing, Partners, and Internal Development teams.