Take actively part in shaping the mobile energy revolution in the United States.
Siemens is a global powerhouse in electronics and electrical engineering, operating in the fields of industry, energy and healthcare as well as providing infrastructure solutions. In our vertical industry management team “VM Batteries” we support the rapid expansion of e-mobility battery industry and accelerated digitalization transformation. We offer end customers, machine builders and partners in Vertical Battery an end-to-end offering of products, systems, solutions, and services to integrate and digitalize the entire value chain. We provide optimizations for the specific requirements of the battery manufacturing industry and with our portfolio we support our customers in achieving more productivity, efficiency, and flexibility in their production. To integrate groundbreaking future technologies, we are constantly expanding our portfolio with innovations.
The vertical business developer for Battery in US will be located in either Michigan, Georgia, California or Tennessee hosted by our automotive industry team. They will report to Head of the Battery Vertical, US.. The goal is to maximize the Siemens market share for battery manufacturing in USA, in terms of global supply chains, closely cooperating with our Headquarter and regional sales organizations.
Become part of our team - we offer you a position with responsibility, independence, and the opportunity to make an active contribution. We promote a culture of teamwork with room for individual development.
Description of main duties and responsibilities:
Your key responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
In your new role, you will be responsible for business development of Vertical Battery in USA. This includes developing and implementing strategies with account development plans, sales structures, country concepts, business plans, etc., in cooperation with Siemens’ Global Battery Community and US and Canadian sales regions.
- Support our sales organization with expert know how and systematically capture business opportunities using our CRM tool. Accompany customer visits, create references and success stories, support the continuous improvement process, ensure the quality and completeness of reporting, define measures, and manage the associated budget.
- Coordinate international, as well as domestic, battery projects in close coordination with sales, the regions and the business units involved.
- Explore business potentials and seize growth opportunities for Vertical Battery to enlarge the market share, install base and enhance satisfaction of Top Customers and Partners via effective relationship marketing
- Create market & customer transparency and perform in depth competitor analysis. Identify and analyze market requirements and trends in Vertical Battery and use them to define specific product-/system requirements with our respective Siemens business units.
Required qualifications, essential skills & experiences:
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal, with the will and ability to communicate with internal and external partners of different function-levels
- More than 8 years working experience in the area of manufacturing industries with professional experience in a technical sales-related department and holding good understanding of characteristics, trends of PLC, HMI, in industrial networks, SCADA and motion control.
- Good sales experience, strategic mindset with customer orientation and readiness for intensive working, multi-tasking, and regular based traveling
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in electrical - or other related engineering areas, that applies industrial automation.
- Knowledge of Digital Twin technologies
- Project Management Skills
- Experience in battery cell manufacturing
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.