Our Rail Infrastructure group is adding to our team and seeking to hire its next RAMS Manager to lead CBTC application projects through RAMS planning over requirement clarification, monitoring design, software and hardware modifications, corrections, factory, and field test monitoring, cut-over safety analysis, and safety case to independent safety evaluations. Bring your critical thinking skills and Railroad Operations experience to this vital role within our organization.What your day-to-day looks like:
- Collaborate with internal Engineering Leadership, RAMS partners in other Siemens entities as well as customers and their consultants
- Lead, Manage, Coach, and Mentor a small team of RAMS Managers and RAMS Engineers.
- Prepare and implement project safety plans aligned with our standards and practices. Ensure that vital documents (hazard analyses, fault tree analyses, safety cases, etc.) are available for approval.
- Using customer requirements and regulatory guidelines, give evidence of compliance with system requirements concerning reliability, availability, maintainability, and safety.
- Perform RAM and Safety Analyses, FMEA, and FTA to identify system and operation faults.
- Prepare and perform safety technical topics presentations.
- Perform safety analysis of modifications of existing design.
- BSc. / MSc. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Sciences, or a similar field.
- 5-10 years of experience as a RAMS engineer or manager for sophisticated, safety-critical Railroad systems.
- Minimum of 5 years on the job experience with the following techniques: FMECA, FTA, PHA, Hazard Logs
- Hands-on knowledge of CBTC Systems and CENELEC standards (EN50126, EN50128, and EN50129) and Interface Hazard Analysis (EN50159)
- Experience with managing Safety Related Application Conditions or Safety Application Rules
- RAMS experience with the following: System safety Integration, CBTC, Signaling, CBTC-Signaling interface, CBTC-RS interface
- Collaboration and management skills to include customer interaction.
- RAMS relevant standards (IEEE-1483, IEEE-1474, MIL-882, IEC-61508, MIL-217)
- Fluency in French or Spanish is preferred
- Freedom and healthy work-life balance– Health, Dental, Vision Insurance, HSA/FSA, Commuter Benefits – starting Day 1
- Each team member is accountable for making decisions, solving problems, and taking actions contributing to long-term impact and financial success.
- We do the right thing. We stand for green innovations and meaningful solutions with an impact on customers, ecosystem partners, society, and the environment.
- We are front-runners in digitalization and building platforms. Therefore, we are hiring ambitious forward-thinkers who want to have a real impact.
- Solve the world's most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them! Take advantage of our Tuition Reimbursement program, Mentor Programs, and your development through online learning. We operate daily with a growth mindset - that's why Siemens consistently ranks on the Fortune World's Most Admired Companies list!
- Employee perks and discounts in addition to our 401k match and generous Paid Time Off
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without needing current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: https://www.benefitsquickstart.com/siemens/index.html. The base salary range for this position in New York, NY, is $117,000 - $200,600. The annual incentive target is 10% of the base salary.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.