Siemens Large Drives Business Unit is looking for an experienced Material Handler for our Production Department in New Kensington, PA. In this role you will be responsible for the movement of material throughout the production facility while adhering to all company policies and operational processes and procedures.Responsibilities
You will prepare and stage job materials in assigned manufacturing work cells or staging areas to include material presentation, support product assembly personnel , as well as assist with rigging of material on the manufacturing floor with the use of pallet jacks, cranes or other equipment. You will also remove and dispose of packing, scrap, material, skids and cardboard, etc. in the manufacturing area, storeroom and receiving area as needed. You will also responsible for:
- Housekeeping and 5S activities which includes prioritizing work area for orderliness at all times, including sweeping, dusting, and mopping as the need arises to ensure work area is accessible and safe for internal employees and customer traffic
- Identifying discrepancies and questionable conditions related to task and communicate to appropriate personnel.
- Assisting in clean up and breakdown of drives prior to shipment.
- Working overtime as the need arises.
- Frequent lifting of 35 pounds is required.
- Knowledge of all duties will be cross functional but specific duties may be assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Ability to function in a team environment
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Basic math skills
- Problem solving skills
- Basic material handling experience preferred, but not required
- Basic digital literacy preferred
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.Why you’ll love working at Siemens
- Competitive compensation (salary and bonus) based on qualifications
- Medical, dental, prescription and vision coverage, first day of employment
- Matching 401(k) (immediate employer match)
- Competitive paid time off plan, paid holidays, and floating holidays
- Career development opportunities
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Flexibility to work remote a few days a week
- Paid parental leave
Who designs your future? You do.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Large Drives LLC
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.