Siemens Mobility has been a leading supplier of mobility for over 160 years. Our core business includes rail vehicles, automation, electrification solutions, turnkey systems, and related services. We have always been innovative in making traveling faster, safer, and more comfortable. Today, we need answers to new challenges such as climate change and rising populations worldwide. That's what drives us. That's why we shape mobility with passion, always one step ahead. Our 39,600 employees are pioneers in mobility who help to keep the world moving.
We seek to hire a Quality Manager in Projects (QMiP) who acts as a specialist and supports the Project Manager (PM) as a partner by planning, supervising, ensuring, and reporting project-based quality activities concerning failure prevention and practical root cause analysis. It covers quality management throughout the entire product development lifecycle, from scope and requirement clarification to design, software development, hardware development, test, validation, field test, and pilot projects. The QMiP facilitates problem-solving and continuous improvement in all project phases by presenting lessons learned from other projects and through process improvement. This role will support projects in the USA, projects with global teams, and projects across other internal divisions.Your day-to-day will vary but will include the following:
Quality planning: Establish and supervise the project-specific quality plan, define quality targets based on critical project factors, and define methods/tools based on HQ standards.
Quality reporting: Report quality status, quality incidents, and root-cause-analysis to Project Management (PM), business unit QM and other defined parties, jointly with the PM team, based on determined critical metrics, key figures, and specified characteristics.
Customer integration: Ensure adherence to processes by a) analyzing and supervising fulfillment of contractual and committed requirements, b) managing professional feedback to and from the customer, and c) handling complaints.
Quality in processes and projects: Ensure execution of the quality plan and quality gate processes through active involvement in readiness checks and participation in quality gate meetings.
Continuous improvement: Support the planning, initiating, and coordinating of continuous improvement actions for all project phases. Ensure good practice sharing and feedback of experience, e.g., through ongoing improvement workshops and project assessments.
Quality-based supplier management: Plan and ensure the required quality level of the project-specific supply chain, focusing on specifications and interface definitions.
Qualification on quality: Identify qualification requirements and initiate training for project employees regarding knowledge of quality methods to be applied, process awareness, and expert knowledge.
Audits and assessments: Plan and conduct project audits and inspections, and participate in status meetings. Ensure implementation of improvement measures.
Support of Safety: Planning and preparing quality management reports in line with EN 50129 as groundwork for the safety case, as required by projects.To thrive in this role, you have:
- 5-10 years experience in quality management of sophisticated systems and products
- Exposure to system and software development processes and methods for vital, safety-related, and non-vital applications
- Experience with quality management and configuration management tools
- Experience with Key Performance Indicators, routine reporting, and actions to drive improvement
- Collaboration, critical thinking, and strong organizational skills
- Freedom and healthy work-life balance– Health, Dental, Vision Insurance, HSA/FSA, Commuter Benefits – starting Day 1
- Each team member is accountable for making decisions, solving problems, and taking actions contributing to long-term impact and financial success.
- We do the right thing. We stand for green innovations and meaningful solutions with an impact on customers, ecosystem partners, society, and the environment.
- We are front-runners in digitalization and building platforms. Therefore, we are hiring ambitious forward-thinkers who want to have a real impact.
- Solve the world's most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them! Take advantage of our Tuition Reimbursement program, Mentor Programs, and your development through online learning. We operate daily with a growth mindset - that's why Siemens consistently ranks on the Fortune World's Most Admired Companies list!
- Employee perks and discounts in addition to our 401k match and generous Paid Time Off
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without needing current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: https://www.benefitsquickstart.com/siemens/index.html. The base salary range for this position in Pittsburgh, PA, is $87,000 - $149,200. The annual incentive target is 10% of the base salary.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.