Siemens Grand Prairie is transforming their manufacturing facility into an industry 4.0 digital manufacturing operation. The plant runs 3 low voltage electrical apparatus production lines. It also includes a metal fabrication operation supplying all 3 lines and one warehouse.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our employees to act as owners, make decisions and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
As a member of the automation and digitalization team the digital systems engineer requirements include:
• Working with focus factory managers and their teams to understand and document current challenges.
• Generating use cases, process maps, information flows, requirements documents, and program specifications to ensure alignment with focus factory challenges, productivity targets, and automation and digitalization roadmap.
• Explore and identify opportunities for application of digital solutions and required networking and communication’s infrastructure.
• Create custom dashboards using programming tools that leverages data from various locations (e.g. CNC machines, PLC devices, ERP system, MES system, etc.)
• Develop analysis tools utilizing data from various sources to properly schedule production lines, schedule delivery of components to production lines (right time and right quantity), track components through the plant, track finished goods through the production process, and/or improve machine run time.
• Utilize production data to build digital simulations models used to determine productivity improvements and project justifications.
Required Knowledge/Skills and Education:
• Bachelor’s Degree required (Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Data Science)
• Extensive knowledge with data analytics’ methods and problem-solving methodologies in a manufacturing environment
• Working knowledge of network infrastructure, protocols, and configuration (e.g. TCP/IP, IP Schemes, Sub-nets, VLANs, routing, scripting, etc.) preferred
• Familiar with digital simulation tools and willingness to learn and create digital simulations
• Software development languages – Python, C#, C++ preferred
• Database Systems – Any of the multitude of SQL database platforms (e.g. Microsoft SQL, MySQL, Oracle, etc.) with a willingness to learn based on project requirements
• Web Technologies –ASP.NET, Java
• Preferred but not required – KNIME, Tableau, SQL Server Management Studio, Visual Studios, Mindsphere, Siemens Product Simulation, Siemens Process Simulation, Mendix
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Project management skills - Individual is expected to manage own time to meet targets and milestones
• Ability to convey complex solutions in a manner a multi-disciplined team or management team can understand
• Strong leadership skills
• Work well with a team
• Comfortable presenting to a group of managers, peers, and/or shopfloor employees
• Occasion travel
• On-line and classroom training
• Time spent on manufacturing floor learning and understanding manufacturing processes, challenges, etc.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
• Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K up to 6%, life insurance, 9 paid holidays and flexible vacation
• Paid parental leave.
• Educational assistance.
• 9 active employee resource group that provide smaller communities to support our employee needs.
• Opportunity to contribute to our social responsibility initiatives.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.