Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability, and internationality for more than 175 years. Siemens Smart Infrastructure is seeking an Inspector-Tester for our eMobility (SI-E) Business Unit, focused on the DC electric vehicle charging portfolio.
As a Mechanical Assembler you will be responsible for the building, assembling, and wiring DC Electrical Vehicle Chargers and Dispensers.
- Assembly and wire DC Electric Vehicle Chargers, electric vehicle power dispensers, parts kits, aftermarket parts orders, and related components
- Perform Sub assembly work including mechanical assembly of panels, cabinets, and components, power cable work, and various wiring tasks
- Record appropriate job record transactions
- Read BOM, follow layouts & assembly drawings
- Perform some basic wiring per given instructions when requested
- Set and correct use of Torque wrenches
- Adhere to developed processes, methods and/or seek ways to improve
- Must adhere to all safety rules and keep safety first for self and others
- Perform miscellaneous other duties as assigned by Supervisor or Management
Requirements: knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1+ years of experience performing mechanical assembly or experience in the mechanical field
- 1+ years’ experience wiring in commercial or industrial applications
- Must be able to lift parts or sub-assemblies that weigh up to 50 lbs. occasionally
- Communicate in English (read, write & speak fluently)
- Must be able to Identify mechanical parts and electrical components
- Experience with using a tape measure and other measuring devices
- Must have extensive experience working with standard hand and power tools, both pneumatic and battery operated, 1 to 3 years
- Must have knowledge of torque wrench and applied torque values
- Must have a proven record in Quality and Productivity
- Must be a strong team player
Preferred: knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
- Forklift driver experience
- SAP experience
- Associates Degree or technical training in area of responsibility.
In addition to the growth and development opportunities we continue to foster, we offer included benefits of PTO, a matching 401K plan, stock share match, health, life, vision and dental benefits, paid parental leave, and so much more.
About Smart Infrastructure – eMobility:
Siemens eMobility® solutions is shaping the market with innovative EV charging technologies. We are dedicated to driving an open and accessible market for electric vehicles, as well as planning and implementing secure grid connections to enable further growth of EV adoption.
Interested in technology that advances our communities and enables a cleaner, more efficient environment? Interested in gaining exposure to developing the systems and smart solutions that keep cities growing, businesses flourishing and people safe? Start your career with some of the brightest minds in the industry.
Here at Siemens eMobility solutions, we are transforming the everyday through our inclusive and rewarding work environment. Come be a part of our growing eMobility team, where you can build and implement new products, technologies, and applications! Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States.
Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.