As an Applications Engineer with Siemens EDA Technology Solutions Sales, you will support consultative sales efforts at leading semiconductor and electronic equipment manufacturers.
As an Applications Engineer at Siemens EDA, your primary responsibility is to secure technical design wins for Siemens EDA's product and service offerings. Specifically, you will be responsible for technical wins with the industry-leading solutions Xpedition Substrate Integrator, Calibre, Tessent, Avatar, and other product families. Responsible activities will include the delivery of technical presentations, conducting product demonstrations and benchmarks, and participating in developing solutions and account strategies leading to market share gains for Siemens. This position is also expected to help architect and prototype Siemens EDA’s emerging 3DIC solution by developing flows and integration scripts to link tools into a solution.
Your territory coverage consists of Key Accounts located, but not limited to, the greater Silicon Valley area. Account coverage is not limited to the Bay Area. You will be responsible for integrating with peers located all over the world, communicating essential status to a variety of stakeholders and influential customers. International travel may be required.
- BSEE or Computer Engineering degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 2+ years of design experience.
- Experience working with IC data formats (Verilog, LEF/DEF, GDS, OASIS, etc.)
- Above average competency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Scripting/Programming: Python, Tcl, Perl, or similar languages.
- Working OS knowledge of Windows and Linux.
- MSEE from an accredited institution.
- Practical experience with IC P&R tools for Silicon Interposer design.
- Prior experience as an Applications Engineer is preferred.
- Understanding ASIC design methodology from RTL Synthesis to Physical Implementation phases; Netlist-to-GDS flow expertise obtained through benchmark, evaluation, or production (tape-out) of complex ASIC designs.
- Experience with one or more of the following tools: Avatar (Apogee), Mentor (Olympus-SoC), Synopsys (IC Compiler, Physical Compiler, Custom Compiler), and Cadence (SoC Encounter, Innovus, Virtuoso).
- Familiarity with IC analysis tools such as Bluewave, Ansys HFSS and Redhawk, Cadence Voltus, or Synopsys PrimeTime.
- Familiarity with Package / Interposer planning solutions (Siemens XSI, Cadence OrbitIO, Synopsys 3DIC Compiler, Excel).
- Familiarity with Package Design (Cadence APD/SiP, Mentor Xpedition).
- Familiarity with 2.5D and 3D solutions (TSMC InFO, CoWoS, GF GF32, ASE FoCUS, Amkor SWIFT, Samsung MDI, etc.).
- Experience in advanced IC and/or interposer design and experience with IC Packaging design.
- Experience with Siemens Calibre DRC, LVS, and/or 3DSTACK solutions.
- Chiplet based design methodologies.
The ideal candidate will:
- Possess a passion for learning and performing at the cutting edge of technology;
- Have the desire to broaden exposure to the business aspects of the technical design world;
- Enjoy contributing to the success of a great team;
- Be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Effectively influence people at any level;
- Enjoy helping and motivating others to be successful.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong rapport and credibility with customer organizations while maintaining a company internal network of contacts.
- Have the capability to work independently with minimal direction and supervision.
- Be willing to travel domestically and internationally.
The total cash compensation range for this position is $156,300 to $312,600, with 30% of this being comprised of an annual incentive target. The actual compensation offered is based on the successful candidate’s work location as well as additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education/training. Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: www.benefitsquickstart.com In addition, this position is eligible for time off in accordance with Company policies, including paid sick leave, paid parental leave, PTO (for non-exempt employees) or non-accrued flexible vacation (for exempt employees).
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.