The Siemens Grand Prairie site is looking for a candidate with SAP experience capable of converting user requirements into requirement documents / user stories and working with the SAP development team. This person will assist end users with recurring issue by identifying root causes and implementing corrective actions including better uses of existing features and functionality.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our employees to act as owners, make decisions and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
As a member of the automation and digitalization team this digital systems engineer requirements include:
• Working with focus factory managers and their teams to understand and document current challenges and implement process changes utilizing SAP existing features and functionality.
• Generating use cases, process maps, information flows, requirements documents, agile stories, and working with the SAP development team to ensure solutions are thoroughly tested and meet requirements.
• Explore and identify opportunities for application of digital solutions utilizing SAP as the backend system or source of information.
• Develop analysis tools utilizing data from various SAP sources to meet specific focus factory requirements.
• Generate weekly Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and review with plant manager and factory leads.
Required Knowledge/Skills and Education:
• Bachelor’s Degree required.
• Extensive knowledge using SAP in some of the following areas (Production Planning, Shipping & Receiving, Warehouse Management, or Sales & Logistics)
• Experience with data analytics. Using various SAP reports or queries for issue identification, production performance tracking, etc.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office 365 (Excel, Power Automate)
• Required to learn – KNIME, Tableau, UiPath
• Preferred but not required – Microsoft SQL scripting, Mindsphere, Mendix
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Project management skills - Individual is expected to manage own time to meet targets and milestones.
• Ability to convey complex solutions in a manner a multi-disciplined team or management team can understand.
• Strong leadership skills
• Work well with a team
• Comfortable presenting to a group of managers, peers, and/or shopfloor employees
• Occasion travel
• On-line and classroom training
• Time spent on manufacturing floor learning and understanding SAP functionality currently in use, manufacturing processes and challenges.
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
• Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K up to 6%, life insurance, 9 paid holidays and flexible vacation
• Paid parental leave.
• Educational assistance.
• 9 active employee resource group that provide smaller communities to support our employee needs.
• Opportunity to contribute to our social responsibility initiatives.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.