As a Service Manager for Encryption Technologies this position is responsible for the operation and development of the Corporate Encryption Technology Platform for all Siemens business units. Typical examples are: Personal PKI, Group Encryption Services and Virtual SmartCard.
What are the Siemens Encryption Technologies?
The Siemens Encryption Technologies platform (PKI) is the basis for secure communication and storage of sensitive information and is a prerequisite for trustworthy and liable transactions via public networks. The Siemens Encryption Technologies Services act globally and guarantee:
- the secure authentication of persons, systems and products.
- the encryption of confidential information.
- the digital signature of documents, business transactions and source code.
The service is hosted in a self-managed high-security data center in Munich. We do have the end-to-end responsibility for the entire range of services from infrastructure and operating systems to the applications. We manage everything from the bare metal of the servers and the VMWare environment up to the HSMs and the Certification Authority (CA)/Registration Authority (RA) software environments. Additionally, we consult internal customers on the implementation of cryptographic technology in their products and services. Our international team is located across Germany, Spain and Portugal.
This is your role:
As a Service Manager for PKI Encryption Technologies for our Corporate PKI Services you are end-to-end responsible for the development and operation of the Request Authorities (RA) and Hardware Security Modules (HSMs) of the company’s Public Key Infrastructure (PKI).
You will be responsible to manage large scale enterprise and commercial/publicly trusted PKI services. As service provider we must comply with internal security regulations and external requirements (e.g. CAB, Mozilla, Google, etc.). As a member of 3rd level support, you provide solutions to very complex end-user problems. You manage the completion of function and corresponding reporting.
As a member of our PKI service team, you will also work on change request and service enhancements (CRs) and drive their implementation. Usage of state-of-the-art technologies, a high degree of automation in the operation of the service and end user satisfaction are key success factors. You constantly strive for growth and improvements.
Communication with internal and external stakeholders and providers are part of your daily work. In case of problems and malfunctions, you are the decisive factor performing analyzes and measures for troubleshooting the systems and to restore the service availability in a timely manner. Security is key - observing existing security concepts and measures is part of your work.
Your qualifications and experience:
- University degree in computer science, IT security or related fields or otherwise professionally acquired comparable skills.
- Service-orientated mindset (Can-do-/try-fail-try-again-/do-not-delegate-mindset) and a strong customer orientation.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in Application / Service Management.
- Interest in IT and Cyber Security topics.
- Ideally experience with PKI and cryptographic technologies:
- Nexus Certificate Manager/ Nexus Prime
- HSM hands-on experience Thales LUNA 7
- Request Authority Management
- Request Authority Administration
- Ansible Know how
- Container Technology Knowledge
- Certificate lifecycle management – Installation, Renewal, Rekeying, Revoke
- Cryptography, cipher suites, trust stores and key management
- Symmetric/asymmetric cryptography
- Digital signatures
- Thorough understanding of X.509 and associated RFCs
- S/MIME Requirements
- Familiarity with command line tools (e.g. certtool,openssl, etc.)
- Good understanding of DevOps principles and the related technologies (GIT, CI/CD, ideally gitlab and Python).
- Be a team player and collaborate internationally.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
Please send your CV in English, otherwise your application will not be considered.
This opportunity provides flexibility in location meaning that we are accepting candidates from all over the world. Your preferred location will be asked during your application.
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is glad to be an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool!
Organization: Information Technology
Company: Siemens S.A.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on PowerToFly. Let us know if this job is closed.
We're connecting diverse talent to big career moves. Meeting people who boost your career is hard - yet networking is key to growth and economic empowerment. We’re here to support you - within your current workplace or somewhere new. Upskill, join daily virtual events, apply to roles (it’s free!).
Are you hiring? Join our platform for diversifiying your team