About Smart Infrastructure – Electrification and Automation:
The Electrification and Automation (EA) Business Unit offers the full range of energy distribution systems and solutions for all markets and through all sales channels. We provide reliable power distribution grids of today while investing into our Future Grids portfolio and applications to create the power distribution grid of the future. Our comprehensive portfolio meets the growing technical requirements of today’s and tomorrow’s power grid!
Acting as an expert and partner, in this individual contributor role, the QMiP supports, advises the Project Manager and the Project Team in the planning, implementation and coordination of project-specific quality assurance actions in compliance with the defined processes.
- Responsible for the project quality in the Electrification and Automation business unit.
- Lead customer facing QMiP responsibilities for large industrial end users, data center or Semi-conductor clients.
- Work closely with the project execution team to ensure the customer quality management requirements and ensure the development, control and implementation of a quality plan (including quality assurance measures such as review / test / validation / internal audit / customer complaint).
- Ensure cross-functional cooperation with Procurement, Logistics, R&D, Engineering, Manufacturing, Service and relevant suppliers to achieve quality business goals.
- Adapt and provide a project-specific management system including project documentation, regulations, methods and IT tools, following a risk-based approach.
- Ensure professional non-conformance (NC) management.
- Coach project team members in agile/lean methods.
- Ensure the implementation of quality improvement methods and improves process performance management (e.g., 8D, RCA, FMEA).
- Select innovative digital solutions to improve project quality.
- Ensure the implementation and improvement of project quality reporting as integrated part of project reporting.
- Contribute to project planning to ensure that project-specific, quality-relevant requirements are considered starting with sales phase. Initiate training for project employees with regards to quality (e.g., methods and processes).
- Advise and/or conduct quality-related methodology/tools (esp. risk management, identify and conduct relevant lessons learned, Quality Gates, NC management, root cause analysis, etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, or computer science. Master’s degree preferred.
- 5-7 years of experience in Medium Voltage business in Quality Management, Project Management or similar roles.
- Technical knowledge and experience in Switchgear and Motor Control Centers, a huge plus
- Experience in core quality tools like FMEA, Six Sigma, 5Why, 8D, Ishikawa Diagram, VSM, Process audits.
- Data Analytics/ Digitalization skills
- Experience working with Data Center, Semi-conductor or Utility customers, a huge plus.
- Experience in Project and Lean Management is desirable.
- Experience in Salesforce database
- ASQ or other quality certifications desired.
- Ability to work in matrix global organization.
- Flexibility to work on international projects and travel worldwide as the need arises (~15-20% travel).
In addition to the growth and development opportunities we continue to foster, we offer included benefits of flexible PTO, a matching 401K plan, stock share match, health, life, vision and dental benefits, paid parental leave, potential for hybrid remote work, and so much more.
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so we'd like to meet you! Apply today and learn how you can be a part of the Siemens family.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.