Siemens Large Drives LLC is looking for a Manufacturing Supervisor to join our new motors and large drives company Innomotics.
We are on the exciting journey of forming a new leading motors and large drives company –Innomotics. Under this name, Siemens is combining its business activities in the areas of low- to high-voltage motors, geared motors, medium-voltage converters and motor spindles. Headquartered in Nuremberg, Germany, our company will employ ~ 14,000 employees worldwide and operate in almost 50 countries. Motors and electric drive systems are our new company’s business and passion: We count on 150 years of experience in motor manufacturing and our portfolio includes an innovative solutions and digitalization portfolio as well as a broad range of service offerings. Innomotic embodies our vision, values and commitment to innovation and excellence in everything we do: reliable motion in a digital world.
We are looking for a dynamic Manufacturing Supervisor that will be responsible for leading the day-to-day manufacturing activities with operational excellence as a goal. In this role you will drive a strong safety culture throughout the department to become world class. This position reports to the Manufacturing Manager (New Kensington) and is a key member of the Manufacturing Leadership Team. You will lead and direct staff including Team Leaders and Direct Labor Associates.Responsibilities:
- Lead a manufacturing operation to ensure that revenue targets, cost efficiency, quality and safety requirements are attained, including transparent measurement of these results.
- Manage hiring, training, and development of all resources on manufacturing team.
- Lead and facilitate other project teams to assure timely and high quality delivery of inputs into the manufacturing process required to drive success.
- Collaborate with other peer function Supervisors and leaders to assure output of the manufacturing process meets the expectations of our customers.
- Ensure a focus on employee safety and that all safety requirements for both OSHA and site specific are met.
- Assure accuracy and availability of manufacturing procedures to support product assembly.
- Model resource needs and complete those needs with significant focus on meeting customer expectations while maintaining appropriate cost structure.
- Work closely with Team Leaders and Direct Labor Associates to ensure a collaborative and positive relationship, while challenging all associates to continually upgrade their skills and performance.
- Utilize Continuous Improvement Processes and drive implementation of Lean practices within the manufacturing operation.
- Identify and implement digital tools to improve the performance of the manufacturing processes.
- Define and drive effective problem solving processes to assure problems are defined, root causes are identified and appropriate short and long term corrective actions are implemented.
- Define and maintain work flows to achieve efficiency.
- Support functional budgets and business plans for the manufacturing function.
- Maintain ultimate responsibility for overall success of the manufacturing area under your direction.
- Define and develop manufacturing strategy implementation with team leaders.
Demonstrates and applies knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures for area managed and good knowledge of other areas in the company and how they interact.
Demonstrates full understanding and application of management approaches for work direction, motivation, and performance management.The ideal candidate will have the following:
- BS/BA degree in related field OR an Associated degree with 3-5 years proven experience in manufacturing or supply chain logistics.
- 1-3 years of proven track record leading a production team or project team including general manufacturing practices and production control etc
- Well-developed collaboration and influencing skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication capabilities.
- Experience with lean manufacturing tools and processes.
- Experience in ERP systems, ex: SAP
- Experience in multi-shift workforce leadership for electro-mechanical assembly and testing
Proven understanding of electro-mechanical skilled assembly, inspection, and test operations.
- Understanding of Lean principles and practices.
- Knowledge and experience in ISO 9001, 14001, & 45001 standards.
- Read and interpret drawings and electrical schematics.
- Understand tolerances, both Metric and Standard measurement systems.
- Proficient digital literacy: Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience in an Engineer to Order environment is helpful.
- Competitive compensation (salary and bonus) based on qualifications
- Medical, dental, prescription and vision coverage, first day of employment
- Matching 401(k) (immediate employer match)
- Competitive paid time off plan, paid holidays, and floating holidays
- Career development opportunities
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Paid parental leave
Who designs your future? You do.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Large Drives LLC
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.